FreeNAS-8.0.3-RELEASE-p1-x64 (9591) freeze after adding new HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sy5tem

Dabbler
Hello,

my machine is a old pentium D with 2X512MB ram , install is on a 4GB CF.
with a intel pro 1000 pci. on a gb lan.
using 4 onboard port with 2X2TB hd raid 1 and 2X1TB hd in RAID 0

the raid0 is for iscsi -------> windows media center,
the raid1 is for nfs/cifs ----> transmission / windows storage

everything was working fine.. until yesterday i added 4 seagate baracuda ST31000528AS on a fasttrack tx 4310 JBOD inside a chenbro 5 disk case..
configured another iscsi on another portal (using 3260 and 3261)

configured my new win2008 server in a VM for Active directory, poiting to new iscsi on the 4 seagate in raidz1

.. everything was working,,, then sudently freenas was not responding cifs / web / iscisi / ping all gone...

i go to my other room plug in a monitor and i see lots of code there, "ata5: timeout waiting to issue command." and "error issuing ATA_IDENTIFY ada1:ata2.0.0..... lost devices" took not thinking those would be in my log file.. but nothing stayed in log file...

also this message seem's to apear from all drive connected to tx4310...jbod but not drive on main board "ahci"

now this apend 3 time already .;. it does a hard freeze even number lock light can't be put on or off on keyboard..

is it because i use 2 iscsi ?

thank you

sy5tem

Dabbler
so this is a black hole?

i tried the chenbro with 4 seagate 320gb with the tx4310 on a windows 7 computer, everything work fine as a big raid 0 drive....

what would make this not work in freenas? pci doesn't have enough bandwidth?? for raidz ?

sy5tem

Dabbler
well thank you all for your help!! not!...

Promise TX4310 AND promise SATA 300 do not work with freenas ZFS.

just installed a ibm M1015 crossflashed as 9211-8i IT without bios and it works fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.