FTP Connection Issues

panzerscope

Contributor
Hello all,

I am trying to backup to a NAS via FTP. I have enabled FTP on my TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.2.1 Server and enabled "Allow Local User Login", so that I can login with my TrueNas account and not an account bound to the FTP group, thought I did end up creating an ftp group and added my account to the group for the sake of having that box checked. My FTP Service settings are as below.
1657649983961.png

I have also tried without TLS enabled but for whatever reason I cannot get my NAS or FileZilla to connect to TrueNas via standard FTP. My QNAP NAS tells me that there has been an Authentication Issue, to which I have checked a hundred times I am putting the credentials in correctly. Filezilla states "Critical Error, could not connect to server"

However as a sanity check I can connect to TrueNas via SFTP on Port 22 on FileZilla. I tried this on my QNAP NAS but for some reason it would not connect, even though Filezilla will just fine. You can see the QNAP Error below.

1657650236666.png

I have tried FTP with and without SSL and I have tried both passive modes (EPSV & PASV) as well as having passive mode disabled altogether, alas I cannot connect. I must be missing something here and I am hoping someone can point it out.

This may or may not be related but I did note that if I try and enable TFTP, it fails with the below error.

1657650378548.png

I am not sure if it is due to the fact you have to configure the service first before enabling it.

Thanks all.
P

indivision

Guru
It's difficult to tell what, if anything, is wrong with your attempt.

I would follow this guide to the letter. That way you have a working base. OR, discover that some outside factor is interfering.

panzerscope

Contributor
It's difficult to tell what, if anything, is wrong with your attempt.

I would follow this guide to the letter. That way you have a working base. OR, discover that some outside factor is interfering.

That fixed it. Essentially I had not configured the Home Directory :)