Fresh install (TrueNAS-13.0-U5.3), missing disks in Storage-Disks

jgreco

Resident Grinch
All of them are recognized individually on an external sata bay

Yeah, of course. As long as they're not going through a port multiplier and the SATA chipset is supported, it'll work. See the link I pointed you at.

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
I added the actual SN of the 4 drives you mentioned to the bug.
I swapped ada1 and ada4, Storage -> Disks show ada0, ada2, ada4, ada5 (compared to the previous configuration ada2 appeared, ada3 vanished).
Disks are new, original, and verified by Seagate's website. All of them are recognized individually on an external sata bay
For clarity's sake, can you stack all six disks together and have them visible in the same photo? It really would appear that you have two sets of two drives that have identical serial numbers, which really should not be occurring.

idang

Dabbler
I added the actual SN of the 4 drives you mentioned to the bug.
I swapped ada1 and ada4, Storage -> Disks show ada0, ada2, ada4, ada5 (compared to the previous configuration ada2 appeared, ada3 vanished).
Disks are new, original, and verified by Seagate's website. All of them are recognized individually on an external sata bay
IXI team found that while the disks work, 2 pairs have a sticker with an identical identifier. I will update on additional progress / findings