Boot pool doesn't appear in Storage / Disks

1.21gigawatts

Explorer
I have installed TrueNAS12.0 on a new server (Proliant ML350e Gen8). I installed 2x 120G SSD for boot and 8x Ironwolf 4TB for data. I will migrate my data (from 11.3) later. The installation went OK.

I selected both SSDs for the install, and the boot pool shows properly under System / Boot / Status, though it identifies the two drives thusly:
/dev/gptid/665f8fbe-493e-11eb-8bdc-9cb65403a7ba /dev/gptid/66734156-493e-11eb-8bdc-9cb65403a7ba
rather than by the device names (ada0 & ada1).

The drives do appear by name in Storage / Disks, but show their pool as N/A.

Is this a problem? It doesn't seem right, and I don't want to continue with the data migration (6TB+) until I'm sure.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Is this a problem?
No problem here. The boot pool is deliberately excluded from the GUI Storage section (since you can't use the boot pool for storage).

It did (once upon a time) show boot pool disks as being in the boot pool in the disks list, but N/A sort-of says that (just in a not quite as obvious way).

joshenders

Cadet
No problem here. The boot pool is deliberately excluded from the GUI Storage section (since you can't use the boot pool for storage).

It did (once upon a time) show boot pool disks as being in the boot pool in the disks list, but N/A sort-of says that (just in a not quite as obvious way).
Do you recall which version showed them in the storage section? I seemed to recall a "show boot pool" checkbox under an "advanced" screen but it seems to have disappeared. I realize it's now in System Settings > Boot > Boot Pool Status. I know iX is trying to prevent people from stepping on takes but as a power user, I'm not a huge fan of this relocation personally.