FreeNAS to QNAP RSYNC Guide

What's the log telling you?
You probably could change permissions and owner with winscp, too. Switch user and group to your truenas uid/gid of the wrap user you created on truenas and which should run the job.
Change permissions of the file to read only by owner (one checkbox upper left corner of the 9 or 12 checkboxes).

And watch the log please.

thx for the advise.

Actually i couldn't figure it out but i came up with a solution. I now use qnap HBS to do both the Push and pull. And if later i replace my main nas for truenas, i can then just use the truenas rsync task and it will just work.

But as long as i use a QNAP QTs/QUTS hero to a truenas core/scale, then i will have to use strictly the hybridbackupsync qnap app for my rsync push/pull.

On the QNAP HBS, the rsync pull is called active rsync apparently. And push is one way rsync.

for the setup, you still need to go to truenas and add the rsync server and enable rsync module in order for the qnap HBS rsync to talk to it. That part you still have to do.

Sc0li0sis

Cadet
Hello all. I followed your guide.
Unfortunately, when executing the task on the TrueNAS side, the following error appears: "rsync: failed to connect to 192.168.0.189 (192.168.0.189): Operation timed out (60). Rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c ( 127) [sender = 3.1.3] ".

Also the command "rsync IPMyQnap:" ends with an error:: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12)

As if there is no rsync service running on Qnap.

QNAP: TS-212 and FreeNAS-11.3-U5
What can cause these errors?

greetings
Sc0li0sis