FreeNAS to Android via ssh/Plex

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Richardson

Explorer
Hi All,

So when I SSH into my FreeNAS remotely I can successfully stream audio via Plex to my phone (excellent), unfortunately it wont stop buffering (i think) it plays for a few seconds - sometimes like 5-10 seconds and then stops and in a 3-7 seconds starts again. I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how to down-sample the audio so I get a clean stream.

Thanks!

John

cyberjock

Inactive Account
This is a plex question and you should take it to the plex forums. ;)

pschatz100

Guru
So when I SSH into my FreeNAS remotely I can successfully stream audio via Plex to my phone (excellent), unfortunately it wont stop buffering (i think) it plays for a few seconds - sometimes like 5-10 seconds and then stops and in a 3-7 seconds starts again. I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how to down-sample the audio so I get a clean stream.

Don't know why you would SSH into your server to play media... there is an excellent android app for Plex.

You didn't list your Freenas configuration. Presumably, your FreeNAS meets the minimum recommended hardware requirement. Plex, on less than recommended hardware is a no go.

Assuming your hardware is OK, then you are getting excessive buffering because your playback quality settings are too high for 1) your available bandwidth, or 2) your processors ability to transcode media. You should review your settings, or visit Plex forums for advice about settings and hardware requirements for transcoding.

Status
Not open for further replies.