Freenas smbd

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I correct these error messages.

Status=daemon 'smbd' finished starting up and ready to serve connections Failed to fetch record.

freenas smartd[27273] Device /dev/ada3, 96 offline uncorrectable sectors. Ada3 is part of the zfs pool with two other 2TB (so three altogether). They all show healthy in freenas gui.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
regarding the latter, please post the output of smartctl -a /dev/ada3 (code tags or pastebin please!).

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Two problems:

1. You don't have SMART tests scheduled! Fix that ASAP!
  2. The drive is a paperweight. 96 pending sectors plus a thousand or so reallocated. Replace it immediately and follow the manual's instructions to the letter.

Ok got the one drive taken care of. Scanned it for bad sectors and formatted it. Drive is good no bad sectors. System is up and running but I'm still getting the following message:

freenas smbd Status=daemon 'smbd' finished starting up and ready to serve connectionsget_ea_dos_attribute: Cannot get attribute from EA on file ./..: Error = Operation not supported.

tanik1

Contributor
Ok got the one drive taken care of. Scanned it for bad sectors and formatted it. Drive is good no bad sectors. System is up and running but I'm still getting the following message:

freenas smbd Status=daemon 'smbd' finished starting up and ready to serve connectionsget_ea_dos_attribute: Cannot get attribute from EA on file ./..: Error = Operation not supported.

Did you ever figured out why you were getting the message? I am getting the same thing.

No I don't know why. I took the drive out, checked it for errors and it came back clean. So I wiped it and put it back. I do not see the error I was getting perviously.

tanik1

Contributor
Oh man, I just started transferring files to it. I should of done that first. I guess I'll just have to do it again. So disconnect the drive, check for errors, plug it back, wipe drives, remake the zfs raid?

tanik1

Contributor
Guess for me its not that easy. I tried to wipe the drives still got the same error. I reinstalled freenas, redid all my configs because i thought something might be wrong with my config file. Still gave me that EA DOS error. But then I saw something in the logs that I didn't catch earlier. Message below:

Dec 31 18:30:08 freenas wbwd0: HEFRAS and EFER do not align: EFER 0x2e DevID 0xff DevRev 0xff CR26 0xff
Dec 31 18:30:08 freenas wbwd0: DevID 0xc5 DevRev 0x63, will not attach, please report this.
Dec 31 18:30:08 freenas wbwd0: HEFRAS and EFER do not align: EFER 0x2e DevID 0xff DevRev 0xff CR26 0xff
Dec 31 18:30:08 freenas wbwd0: DevID 0xc5 DevRev 0x63, will not attach, please report this.

Not sure what that was so shutdown and then detach all the drives and boot it back up again and the same error came up. Could this be something related or this is a whole different issue?

back to more trouble shooting.

No exactly sure why you are getting those error messages. I checked my logs and don't see anything like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.