SMART results on FreeNAS 11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VulcanRidr

Explorer
I built my NAS in 2014, so the hardware and drives are about 3 years old. I had an HGST drive go bad within a year of standing the FreeNAS up. I have a RAID-Z2 with 4 3TB drives:

WD Green (that I de-greened/turned off spindown using wdidle3) on ada0,
WD Red on ada1,
Seagate Barracuda on ada2,
WD Red on ada3

It appears that since I upgraded to FreeNAS 11 during vBSDcon, my drives have been showing up in SMART reports. This is what the alert indicator shows:
  • CRITICAL: Oct. 29, 2017, 11:10 p.m. - Device: /dev/ada2, 24 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors
  • CRITICAL: Oct. 29, 2017, 11:10 p.m. - Device: /dev/ada2, 24 Offline uncorrectable sectors
  • CRITICAL: Nov. 4, 2017, 2:41 a.m. - Device: /dev/ada2, Self-Test Log error count increased from 3 to 4
  • CRITICAL: Oct. 29, 2017, 11:10 p.m. - Device: /dev/ada3, 1 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors
  • CRITICAL: Nov. 4, 2017, 2:41 a.m. - Device: /dev/ada3, Self-Test Log error count increased from 0 to 1

First, ada2 started, and then ada3. Now zpool status is not showing me anything, 0 read/write/cksum errors, and no known data errors.

Is this something with the SMARTd in freenas 11, or should I be worried?

Thanks,
--vr

nojohnny101

Wizard
Zpool status doesn't have anything to do with SMART test results, so it makes sense you are not seeing anything there.

My first recommendation would be to go and read this hard drive troubleshooting guide:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...bleshooting-guide-all-versions-of-freenas.17/

It will guide you through what to look for, what are common causes of said errors, and so forth. If you still have question after going through that, post back and we would be more than happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.