FreeNAS randomly stopped connecting to network

JDLang76

Cadet
ASUS Prime Z97-A - i7-4770 - 12gb 1333 RAM - mirrored usb boot drive
For years, Ive been using the onboard 1gb lan port but recently I upgraded everything I have to 10g.
My whole netowk is Unifi.
I just installed their 10g switch. The server networked fine with the new 10g switch with the 1g port on the motherboard.
Then I installed a Chelsio 520-BT dual ethernet 10g card. Again, everything worked fine.
Today, I powered it off to install an LSI 9210-8i (IT mode). The drives its powering are showing up.
I turned the machine back on and now I get "The web interface could not be accessed." The light on my switch is not lit up so I know its not networked.
But I havnt changed anything other than adding the LSI HBA.
I tried accessing the web page with no luck. I tried resetting network settings from FreeNAS menu. I tried a few reboots. Nothing.
Im going to keep playing, but thought I should ask here in case Im missing something. FreeNAS does see the card when booting.

pschatz100

Guru
When you remove the LSI HBA, does everything start working again?

subhuman

Contributor
The light on my switch is not lit up so I know its not networked.
Shouldn't that happen as soon as the NIC is powered up, long before an OS or its drivers are initialized?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Make sure all cards and cables are reseated.

Yes, no link light indicates something pretty low level.NIC port, switch port, or cables.