SOLVED FreeNAS Loads to boot drive successfully, No boot drive found

davidpsplace

Dabbler
I have been ping ponging between FreeNAS 11.1-U7 and 11.2-U6 in attempts to figure this out. The install to the boot drive goes successfully but It can't find a bootable drive. The System Bios (F2) doesn't show the proper drive as an option. I have provided some screen photos that I hope help.
Thanks for any help. New to enterprise systems.
Drives Available.jpg
F2 Choices.jpg
F11 Choices.jpg
Install finished.jpg
FreeNAS Splash.jpg

davidpsplace

Dabbler
I forgot to show a photo of the boot drive selection I made but it is the drive in slot 13 in the "Drives Available.jpg".
I think I have pretty much exhausted the options that I see in the menus as I attempt installations. I have not found anything while searching the forums. I'm guessing it's something simple I'm missing.

davidpsplace

Dabbler
OK, Sorry about the long post. I just resolved the "no boot drive" problem by diving a little deeper into the "CTRL-C" option. I found a way to raise drive 13 to the top of the drive list.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to logon via a browser.

I have "bxe0", 10Gb, connected direct to my PC and I have "bxe3", 1GB connected to my router. I haven't been able to connect with FireFox using the supplied address of: 192.168.2.120. I would assume if I were IT literate I would just have to configure one or more of the options in the 11 option menu now displayed on the direct connect monitor. I'm so close. I'm tired. Going to dinner. Thanks for any help and again sorry for the crap above.

davidpsplace

Dabbler
I am able to ping google.com and my desktop from the root@freenas[~]:# command line. Can NOT ping 192.168.2.120 successfully from the other direction.

Last edited:

davidpsplace

Dabbler