Freenas 9.1 boot issue with Dell R420

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falgun Soni

Cadet
Hi
I am trying to install Freenas 9.1 on 16GB Flash drive, Installation completed Successfully, When it reboot and try to boot from USB first time,

F1 FreeBSD
F2 FreeBSD
F5 Drive 0

F6 PXE
Boot: F2 ###############
It stuck at this screen. It does not boot. Tried to install on different Flash drive and Harddrive. Same Status. Would you help me on this?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Have you tried the USB stick in another computer? Often when you get lots of #'s that's a sign of USB corruption or hardware that isn't compatible with FreeBSD or is bad. Considering you've installed to a different flash drive and a hard drive its looking more likely to be incompatible/bad hardware.

Can you post your hardware that you are using?

cyberjock

Inactive Account

Falgun Soni

Cadet
Have you tried the USB stick in another computer? Often when you get lots of #'s that's a sign of USB corruption or hardware that isn't compatible with FreeBSD or is bad. Considering you've installed to a different flash drive and a hard drive its looking more likely to be incompatible/bad hardware.

Can you post your hardware that you are using?

It is Brand new Dell R420 with 500*3 Raid 5, 16GB, Xeon 2.4GHZ. Installed Freenas on PNY 16GB Flash drive, USB Stick is good as it works on different hardware.

Falgun Soni

Cadet
Doh, searched for "r420" and got http://forums.freenas.org/threads/install-on-dell-r420-server-boot-from-usb.13382/

Looks like you can't use FreeNAS with that hardware. But according to that thread you can use NAS4Free.

Opps. Bad luck. Let me try Nas4Free on Flash drive, I tried Nas4free on Harddrive itself, installed ok, Boot ok, Network card link up and down. Assigned IP. But cannot ping from other nodes or URL cannot work. Self ping works ok, tried different cable, another port and another switch same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.