SOLVED FreeNAS is not accessible

Status
Not open for further replies.

theman1

Dabbler
I can see the FreeNAS server on my network. I can ping the server. But when I type in the IP to manage the FreeNAS it wont connect. None of my plugins or CIFS shares are working right now either. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Forgot-

My setup- 8x3TB’s in Z2, SUPERMICRO X10SL7-F, 16 GB EEC RAM

No monitor but I some access through IMPI and the motherboard

Last edited by a moderator:

m0nkey_

MVP
As per the forum rules, please post your hardware specifications. Also post any error messages you may see on the console.

theman1

Dabbler
updated

CraigD

Patron
Please don't take this the wrong way

Have tried turning it off and on again?

You may get a new IP address

EDIT: Run: "zpool status" you can do this directly from the freeNAS console via IPMI

Have Fun

Last edited:

theman1

Dabbler
Please don't take this the wrong way

Have tried turning it off and on again?

You may get a new IP address

EDIT: Run: "zpool status" you can do this directly from the freeNAS console via IPMI

Have Fun

How do I run zpool status? I can connect to the IPMI through the browser and through the IPMIview app and I didnt see where I would run this on either?

I am also willing to redo the freenas installation at this point. I dont mind losing the setup I just dont want to lose the data on the HDDs

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
when you connect via ipmi you can enter a shell. Or are there any error message on the console?

theman1

Dabbler
when you connect via ipmi you can enter a shell. Or are there any error message on the console?

Im not sure if this is the shell you are talking about but I get this error message:

http://imgur.com/dBx2z4U

EDIT- I went into the shell from there and zpool status said no pools available.

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
What does zpool import show you? And it says no interfaces found. You should configure your interfaces.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

theman1

Dabbler

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Awesome, looks like you have 2 pools and they look OK. What prompted this event that you have? Did you reboot or upgrade?

Without knowing what broke everything. If you fix your interfaces then auto import your pool everything should be back to normal. You could also just try rebooting to see if the system fixes itself.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

danb35

Hall of Famer
You've got a problem with your installation, if it can't load one of the shared libraries needed for "grep". I would suggest doing a clean installation, ideally on a fresh boot device. Your data is fine. And if you have your .system dataset on one of your data pools, you'll be able to pull a backup of the config file from there once you get the new install up and running.

theman1

Dabbler
Ok will do. So can I use the latest FreeNAS version for the install on the boot drive (flash drive)? From there I just plug that new FreeNAS setup in instead, then auto import my pools?

Last edited by a moderator:

theman1

Dabbler
that worked.. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.