FreeNas as apache web server

Status
Not open for further replies.

timkelly

Cadet
I have been conducting some research and I maybe going with FreeNas as a robust home server. I would like to use the FreeNas to implement a Gallery 3 site that would allow myself and other house hold members to login via the web and backup there photos on a raid 5 platform. I am currently hosting a Gallery 3 site on powweb and would like to start hosting the site in house. Has anyone had any luck configuring FreeNas as a redundant web server? I would be happy to hear any recommendations and learn of other FreeNas implementation for cloud hosting. My hats off to all the Devs involved with this amazing project.

Thank you so much

-Tim

ProtoSD

MVP
Hi Tim,

Until version 8.1 comes out with plugins, the only easy way to do what you want would be to create a 'Jail'. They're really not that difficult to setup or manage. If you do a search for "FreeBSD jail", you'll find a lot of info, but I just finished a detailed HowTo for setting up a jail to run Java/JDownloader. You could use that as a template to install Apache. Here's a link to my HowTo: HOWTO-Install-JDownloader-in-a-CHROOT-Jail

If you have any questions about the HowTo and setting up a Jail, let me know, they work quite nicely with FreeNAS.

Also, I noticed you're new to the forums, so welcome! There's a link in my signature below for the FAQs, docs, and Official Videos.

timkelly

Cadet
thank you

Thanks for the reply. I am thinking that the www.amahi.org project would better fit my needs Amahi seems great but does not have the redundancy that freenas offers since they use greyhole for disk pooling.

THANKS AGAIN

-Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.