Sharing Home Automation And Apache Server In Same Dataset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day,

As the title says, I'm looking for advice on how the experts would go about sharing data from Home Assistant and an Apache Web Server?

I have a jail running an Apache Web Server which is yet unconfigured. Its sole purpose will be for a home Intranet site, and I'm hoping to enable it to share data and status information from my home automation jail which will be running Home Assistant. Possibly showing device status and history on the Intranet pages.

I'm wondering if you all have recommendations on whether to put it all on one dataset, or have the Apache and Automation each write to their own datasets? Initially, I only plan to access the Intranet site from the home network, but can't rule out remote access at some point. I'd like to do security right from the start on this one.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Haven’t taken any action yet as I’m waiting on the 11.2 release. It’s the next priority after that.

I’m leaning towards making a dataset to share all home automation files and configuration, and putting my web root in there also. My thoughts revolve around security obviously. Both Apache and Home Assistant will be sharing between each other to one degree or another... That becomes a bigger issue if I set up remote access to the intranet later, so I was hoping to gather thoughts from experienced users.

Keep in mind, I’m a novice who has big plans and no idea how to implement anything I dream up. I just know what the final product should look like and learn as I go... LOL

That being said, I don’t want a misconfigured web site to allow my alarm system to be turned off by a bad guy. I want to implement slowly and properly, and learn from the ground up.

That makes this a big decision. Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.