Piwigo jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol42

Dabbler
As I've started to work on rebuilding my FreeNAS server, I've been looking at features commercial NAS companies like Synology and QNAP have to offer and wondering if any unofficial FreeNAS jails have been written for similar capabilities. One area that I know is highly useful to individuals is the ability to quickly organize and publish pictures off of a NAS appliance. Both Synology and QNAP offer this, but I could not find similar features for FreeNAS.

My question being, are their unofficial jails created for tools such as Pwigo? (http://piwigo.org/) Or other such web hosting photo gallery tools by chance? If not, can someone point me to a good youtube video on creating FreeBSD/FreeNAS jails? And does FreeNAS use 'ezjails' to build it's jails by chance?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
As this is a plugins question it doesn't belong in 'Development' so I am moving the thread.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
piwigo looks like it is just a PHP application that requires a database.
You could do this in a jail but there aren't any guides for it at the moment. It would be similar to installing owncloud from source in a jail, and there are guides for that.

EDIT
I personally share photos using ownCloud, but it's gallerys aren't as feature rich as piwigo's.

No, I believe FreeNAS uses warden not ezjail.

Sol42

Dabbler
Yeah, I believe that's where I'm at. I plan on building a MariaDB jail and setting it up with an internal nic, then build a lighttpd jail with an internal nic to attach to the database and an external nic to host some sort of photo gallery option. I may also look at deploying a WordPress site to use like a family journal. QNAP and Synology have seen how people like these features and developed tools to do the same. I would've went that direction, but to get decent Plex transcoding support would've required spending over $1,000 for a unit and then several hundreds more for drives. My current build of FreeNAS was around $650, very power efficient, and much more powerful than any commercial one stop shop could provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.