FreeNAS Access Remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod locked my last post instead of actually helping on the problem so I decided to repost it! ^~^

Can someone explain to me how to access FreeNAS 10 remotely? I have created several SMB shares that I can connect to locally, but I am unable to on a different network even if I port forward the shares. I need a simple easy way to access the already created shares.

m0nkey_

MVP
Mod locked my last post instead of actually helping on the problem so I decided to repost it! ^~^

Can someone explain to me how to access FreeNAS 10 remotely? I have created several SMB shares that I can connect to locally, but I am unable to on a different network even if I port forward the shares. I need a simple easy way to access the already created shares.
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/freenas-access-remotely.53338

And you're likely to get the same response if you go down the same rabbit hole.

Simplest way is to set-up a VPN. There are plenty of OpenVPN tutorials for FreeNAS on the forum.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Let me be blunt: If a mod locks your thread, you're not supposed to resurrect it. I believe that's how literally every forum on earth works.

We are not, in any way, required to tell you how to shoot yourself in the foot. In fact, that would be morally reprehensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.