[FreeNAS 9 Plugins] - SAB / SB / CP / HP / Maraschino / HTPC / Mylar / LL / Gamez

Status
Not open for further replies.

carleycr

Patron
I recently updated couchpotato via GUI in FreeNAS. I am also getting a black screen when attempting to access the plugin page. I have a backup of the setting.conf file. If I delete the plugin, re-upload the latest version, and replace the settings.conf file to /var/db/couchpotato/, will everything, including my wanted movies, be restored?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I recently updated couchpotato via GUI in FreeNAS. I am also getting a black screen when attempting to access the plugin page. I have a backup of the setting.conf file. If I delete the plugin, re-upload the latest version, and replace the settings.conf file to /var/db/couchpotato/, will everything, including my wanted movies, be restored?
I personally don't know because when I updated it didn't revert my CP source to an older commit. I've given some suggestions on this forum somewhere for someone in the same situation, but I don't think it worked.

AirborneTrooper

Contributor
Worth a shot since you have a backup. I didn't and lost everything. Had to delete and manually install to get it to even start. Now mine says there's an update but won't restart to apply it. Manually stopping and starting it doesn't work either

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I think there's a script somewhere on github to backup your wanted list. would be a good idea if you have a lot

Ray Milyard

Patron
So is anyone else getting a black screen when trying to access Couchpotato via web? Looks like new update did something.

bmcclure937

Contributor
Found issue on CP post.

So what is the issue and where is the thread you mention?

I'm having the same troubles. Would be nice of you to share so others can go to the right place.

bmcclure937

Contributor
OK, I have an issue with CouchPotato. I used the auto updater and the plugin won't start now.

SZt241L.jpg

I have installed all plug-ins according to Joshua's guides so I am wondering the appropriate method to restore my couchpotato.

It is my understanding that the data for couchpotato should remain intact even if I delete the plugin and then re-install to the jail.

Before I do that should I do either of the following?

1. Try to install the source files directly to the jail somehow instead of reinstalling the plugin.

2. Make a backup of the /var/db/couchpotato directory.

Thanks for your help. Not entirely sure how the auto update caused this issue.

bmcclure937

Contributor
Update. I made a backup of the CouchPotato directory, removed the plugin, then reinstalled to the sabnzbd_1 jail.

I just started the plugin and the page loads... but black screen. Any of you guys with the black screen issue able to get this resolved?

*EDIT* - CouchPotato is, in fact, running properly and functioning since I can access via NZBmanager on my phone. The issue simply seems to be the Web GUI.

I've read about people having to use different browsers which doesn't make sense to me since I've always accessed via chrome without issues.

Last edited:

bmcclure937

Contributor
Thank you!

Gerald Young

Dabbler
Hey guys looking to fix a couple issues with my sab.. i'm way behind on updates and I'm getting failed to locate 7zip. So my question is it just as simple as going through the gui and hitting update or do I have to do a git pull in the sab directory? and will an update fix the 7zip issue? also one more question..I read a article the other week about having your jails on a separate ssd to help speed up transcoding times what would be the easiest way to move my jails to to an ssd?

Code:
[03:49:18] [INFO]::MAIN: Loading config from [/usr/local/share/nzbToMedia/autoProcessMedia.cfg]
[03:49:18] [INFO]::MAIN: Checking database structure...
[03:49:18] [INFO]::MAIN: Checking if git needs an update
[03:49:19] [INFO]::MAIN: There is a newer version available  (you're 120 commits behind)
[03:49:19] [INFO]::MAIN: nzbToMedia Version:9b143cd6f2eb2edc14f32149ed9e4532c3ecd7c6 Branch:master (FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE)
[03:49:19] [WARNING]::MAIN: Failed to locate 7zip. Transcosing of disk images and extraction of .7z files will not be possible!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hey guys looking to fix a couple issues with my sab.. i'm way behind on updates and I'm getting failed to locate 7zip. So my question is it just as simple as going through the gui and hitting update or do I have to do a git pull in the sab directory? and will an update fix the 7zip issue? also one more question..I read a article the other week about having your jails on a separate ssd to help speed up transcoding times what would be the easiest way to move my jails to to an ssd?

Code:
[03:49:18] [INFO]::MAIN: Loading config from [/usr/local/share/nzbToMedia/autoProcessMedia.cfg]
[03:49:18] [INFO]::MAIN: Checking database structure...
[03:49:18] [INFO]::MAIN: Checking if git needs an update
[03:49:19] [INFO]::MAIN: There is a newer version available  (you're 120 commits behind)
[03:49:19] [INFO]::MAIN: nzbToMedia Version:9b143cd6f2eb2edc14f32149ed9e4532c3ecd7c6 Branch:master (FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE)
[03:49:19] [WARNING]::MAIN: Failed to locate 7zip. Transcosing of disk images and extraction of .7z files will not be possible!
you can ignore those warnings, installing 7zip will not fix anything at this time. sabnzbd won't support 7zip till version 1.0 is released, and no proper Usenet poster would double archive a 7zip archive in a rar archive.

once version 1.0 comes out I'll include 7zip with the sabnzbd plugin so you still won't need to think about it. just update using the plugin update button at that time.

Gerald Young

Dabbler
you can ignore those warnings, installing 7zip will not fix anything at this time. sabnzbd won't support 7zip till version 1.0 is released, and no proper Usenet poster would double archive a 7zip archive in a rar archive.

once version 1.0 comes out I'll include 7zip with the sabnzbd plugin so you still won't need to think about it. just update using the plugin update button at that time.

so no need to even update now? that 120 commits behind is just for the nzbtomedia config? should I update that?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
so no need to even update now? that 120 commits behind is just for the nzbtomedia config? should I update that?
if you want you can update nzbToMedia with a 'git pull', though make sure to chown the files back to 'media' after.

rawkus

Explorer
Josh,
Thanks a lot for the guides, plugins, and all the help on this forum. My setup has been working great. I was wondering if you have any reccomendations for remote access. I would like to be able to access my freenas box remotely incase I am out of town and sickrage does something wonky leaving my wife without the latest episode of her favorite show:eek:. I would also like to be able to access and download my files from outside my network. I have looked into SFTP and Owncloud but don't really know which would meet my needs . Owncloud seems like overkill since I don't care about syncing files. Im not sure if SFTP is the way to go either since I am thinking about giving friends access to my files as well and would like to limit which folders they have access to.

Ray Milyard

Patron
Josh,
Thanks a lot for the guides, plugins, and all the help on this forum. My setup has been working great. I was wondering if you have any reccomendations for remote access. I would like to be able to access my freenas box remotely incase I am out of town and sickrage does something wonky leaving my wife without the latest episode of her favorite show:eek:. I would also like to be able to access and download my files from outside my network. I have looked into SFTP and Owncloud but don't really know which would meet my needs . Owncloud seems like overkill since I don't care about syncing files. Im not sure if SFTP is the way to go either since I am thinking about giving friends access to my files as well and would like to limit which folders they have access to.

I just have OpenVPN installed on my router. I can access anything within my house via computer or iPhone with the OpenVPN app.

rawkus

Explorer
I just have OpenVPN installed on my router. I can access anything within my house via computer or iPhone with the OpenVPN app.
from outside of your network? What router are you using? Just did a quick search and my cisco e3000 can be flashed with dd-wrt, not sure if that's super difficult or not. Do you feel openVPN is best installed on a router vs a freenas box?

Status
Not open for further replies.