[FreeNAS 9 Plugins] - SAB / SB / CP / HP / Maraschino / HTPC / Mylar / LL / Gamez

Status
Not open for further replies.

raidflex

Guru
All of the programs in this thread are python scripts which is why I just group them all together. Looks like NZBDRONE is a mono program; not something I am going to spend my time trying to port.

If there is anyone else that can it would be much appreciated, I would if I knew more about FreeBSD and porting.

Also wasn't Freenas 9.1 supposed to be able to use Linux jails?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
If there is anyone else that can it would be much appreciated, I would if I knew more about FreeBSD and porting.

Also wasn't Freenas 9.1 supposed to be able to use Linux jails?
you should make a sperate thread for this. my source code for subsonic will be posted next week so you can just copy that. I literally learned everything for creating my ports by looking at the freenas examples and reading the porter's handbook.

Keith Manns

Dabbler
Thanks Josh, just the fact that you will take a look at it. just let me know when ya get it done.

raidflex

Guru
you should make a sperate thread for this. my source code for subsonic will be posted next week so you can just copy that. I literally learned everything for creating my ports by looking at the freenas examples and reading the porter's handbook.

Okay thanks. Would Madsonic be possible also? It should be the same exact setup as subsonic. Madsonic development is much more active I find.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Okay thanks. Would Madsonic be possible also? It should be the same exact setup as subsonic. Madsonic development is much more active I find.

Once I get everything posted I or someone else can look into having a replaceable url for the java jar downloads. this was the branch can be modular.

EDIT
Is there a central place to get the latest madsonic download? Something that can be fetched from a script preferably.

Stones

Cadet
The Jails created by PBIs from Appscafe have "transmission_1" or similar as their name, where as your plugins have "customplugin_*" as their name.

Is this purely because they aren't on appscafe?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
The Jails created by PBIs from Appscafe have "transmission_1" or similar as their name, where as your plugins have "customplugin_*" as their name.

Is this purely because they aren't on appscafe?
yeah, they should be on there soon

darkryoushii

Explorer
Just spent the last hour removing all the Gollum stuff and replacing it with yours :) I've used yours since the start so I want to thank you very much! Brilliant coder and brilliant plugin creator :D

I assume in the near future when FreeNAS implements plugin updating, we will be able to just update the plugins by uploading the new one?

Savell Martin

Contributor
Hey Joshua,

2 things:
1) When uploading your plugins it just says customplugin_1, customplugin_2 and so on, could you somehow make it say CP, or SabNZBD?
2) Can you finish the install guide :)

I ask as I want to know the best way to install your plugins, I can install them but I have a clean build and want to do it 100% correctly and a guide on how to setup SabNZBD folders and what not?
As I have a spare HDD that I will use as my download drive, and then copy files to my main RaidZ array when its downloaded.

But Im all new to FreeNAS.

Savell Martin

Contributor
Another thing.
Could you also support NBZdrone?
http://www.nzbdrone.com/

Its an alternative to SickBeard and has much greater development and also some REALLY useful features that SB is missing, like retrying downloads that fail, or manual search and grab.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Another thing.
Could you also support NBZdrone?
http://www.nzbdrone.com/

Its an alternative to SickBeard and has much greater development and also some REALLY useful features that SB is missing, like retrying downloads that fail, or manual search and grab.

I've already addressed this. It's a windows program that runs under mono, I'm not going to try and make a plugin for that.

Also, this is not a request thread. I only want request for related python programs in this thread.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hey Joshua,

2 things:
1) When uploading your plugins it just says customplugin_1, customplugin_2 and so on, could you somehow make it say CP, or SabNZBD?
2) Can you finish the install guide :)

I ask as I want to know the best way to install your plugins, I can install them but I have a clean build and want to do it 100% correctly and a guide on how to setup SabNZBD folders and what not?
As I have a spare HDD that I will use as my download drive, and then copy files to my main RaidZ array when its downloaded.

But Im all new to FreeNAS.

1) I suggest you make a single plugins jail to run all these.
2) I'll work on it eventually.. I was waiting on a few projects to update and need a solid few hours to make sure everything is documented well. I want to cover the whole way I connect sab-sickbeard-couchpotato to make it as automated as possible. =]

Savell Martin

Contributor
I've already addressed this. It's a windows program that runs under mono, I'm not going to try and make a plugin for that.

Also, this is not a request thread. I only want request for related python programs in this thread.

Sorry I'm not a coder. But I know they have a Linux version... But im not sure on what language or what it requires. As there was a Linux version I thought it would work here.

raidflex

Guru
Sorry I'm not a coder. But I know they have a Linux version... But im not sure on what language or what it requires. As there was a Linux version I thought it would work here.

This is what I am thinking. I also thought Freenas 9.1 was supposed to be able to use Linux jails.

darkryoushii

Explorer
As Joshua has said before, NZBDrone is NOT a linux program, it is a windows program that only works on linux when you use the linux program mono. This would be very difficult and confusing to get set up in comparison to his other programs, and would be annoying. You are more than welcome to install a standard jail yourself and attempt to find a mono port for FreeBSD, as you will then be able to download the linux version from their site and use it as they recommend, skipping the GUI.

Also keep in mind that FreeNAS is not "Linux" it is a minimal version of FreeBSD. There are a lot of differences that results in most "Linux" instructions and guides failing for one or many reasons, because of dependencies not being installed or some other reason. The FreeNAS 9.1 jails allow you to create a FreeBSD installation, again you will need to make sure everything is compatible with FreeBSD and has ports available or else you will spend a lot of time compiling stuff to get one thing to work.

ALSO IT'S NOT A REQUEST THREAD. I'M SURE THERE IS ONE THOUGH.

Hope this helps clear up any confusion..

raidflex

Guru
As Joshua has said before, NZBDrone is NOT a linux program, it is a windows program that only works on linux when you use the linux program mono. This would be very difficult and confusing to get set up in comparison to his other programs, and would be annoying. You are more than welcome to install a standard jail yourself and attempt to find a mono port for FreeBSD, as you will then be able to download the linux version from their site and use it as they recommend, skipping the GUI.

Also keep in mind that FreeNAS is not "Linux" it is a minimal version of FreeBSD. There are a lot of differences that results in most "Linux" instructions and guides failing for one or many reasons, because of dependencies not being installed or some other reason. The FreeNAS 9.1 jails allow you to create a FreeBSD installation, again you will need to make sure everything is compatible with FreeBSD and has ports available or else you will spend a lot of time compiling stuff to get one thing to work.

ALSO IT'S NOT A REQUEST THREAD. I'M SURE THERE IS ONE THOUGH.

Hope this helps clear up any confusion..

This does make more sense. Looks like until the developer releases a true Linux or FreeBSD version its not going to be easy. There seems to be a mono port for FreeBSD, although I question if there is much development for it. I will just experiment with manually install NZBDRONE if possible.

srtviperjr

Dabbler
Just tried to install from the files included in the first post. Neither sickbeard or couchpotato have the acutal programs included it seems. I just get '/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/CouchPotato/CouchPotato.py' no such file or directory. The same respective error for Sickbeard.

Directory doesn't exist even. Am I missing something???

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Just tried to install from the files included in the first post. Neither sickbeard or couchpotato have the acutal programs included it seems. I just get '/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/CouchPotato/CouchPotato.py' no such file or directory. The same respective error for Sickbeard.

Directory doesn't exist even. Am I missing something???
I'll take a look at it tonight. everything extracted fine for me but the file may have gotten corrupted along the way to you.

ClayM

Explorer
Does the images on Sickbeard's Coming Episodes work for anyone?

If I try to load one of the images, I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/share/sickbeard/Sick-Beard/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/share/sickbeard/Sick-Beard/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/share/sickbeard/Sick-Beard/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/share/sickbeard/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 2883, in showPoster
im = im.resize(size, Image.ANTIALIAS)
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 1290, in resize
self.load()
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 164, in load
self.load_prepare()
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 231, in load_prepare
self.im = Image.core.new(self.mode, self.size)
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 37, in __getattr__
raise ImportError("The _imaging C module is not installed")
ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed

Status
Not open for further replies.