FreeNAS 9.10 GUI Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas Rey

Contributor
Good morning community,
sorry if already asked, but the 9.10 thread is closed and I don't find any references about my question.
FreeNAS 9.10 has been released in ISO format, and upgrade can be done b0otting from CD/ISO. Well, my server is in another location, is there any changes FreeNAS 9.10 will be released also with GUI upgrade package like previous releases?

Thank you
Lucas

D

dlavigne

is there any changes FreeNAS 9.10 will be released also with GUI upgrade package like previous releases?

Nope, as 9.3 and higher has a System -> Update option. Simply change the train to 9.10.

Bruce ISG

Dabbler
upgrading to 9.10stable break my system, no network anymore, have to revert to 9.3 stable.

J

jkh

upgrading to 9.10stable break my system, no network anymore, have to revert to 9.3 stable.
Not a particularly informative post (nothing about the networking configuration for example) but if you have LACP configured and your switch is misconfigured to Passive (or Cisco) LACP instead of Active, that would cause that. FreeBSD 10 is more strict about detecting this misconfiguration. 9.3 used to "just work" but as soon as an interface went away it got totally horked up because it had no idea how to detect it in the absence of a heartbeat.

Bruce ISG

Dabbler
Good catch, thank you for the help. looks this will be the issue. my switch side is a access port only, I will try next week.

Sakuru

Guru
Good morning community,
sorry if already asked, but the 9.10 thread is closed and I don't find any references about my question.
FreeNAS 9.10 has been released in ISO format, and upgrade can be done b0otting from CD/ISO. Well, my server is in another location, is there any changes FreeNAS 9.10 will be released also with GUI upgrade package like previous releases?

Thank you
Lucas

If your motherboard has something like IPMI you could use the virtual CD drive to boot the ISO.

Lucas Rey

Contributor
Thank you all for reply, unfortunately my NAS is not connected to internet, and doesn't have CDROM or monitor. I'll attach an USB CDROM and boot from CD. I'm just worried about network issue since I have LACP, but my Procurve Switch is configured as LACP Active, so there shouldn't be any problem.

Bruce ISG

Dabbler
Thank you all for reply, unfortunately my NAS is not connected to internet, and doesn't have CDROM or monitor. I'll attach an USB CDROM and boot from CD. I'm just worried about network issue since I have LACP, but my Procurve Switch is configured as LACP Active, so there shouldn't be any problem.

I have corrected my switch side configuration to act as a lacp based port-channel (Dell switch) and the network issue is fixed. upgrade success.

Lucas Rey

Contributor
Well, this is my HP Procurve Switch config, actually is setup as LACP Active, I hope this will not cause any network issue. We'll see. ;)

27y4p3l.png

Status
Not open for further replies.