Error decrpyting vol after updates, can't find jails - (FreeNAS-9.10-STABLE-201604181743 (74ef270))

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulburn

Contributor
Hi everyone,

Mini panic attack here. I updated FreeNAS this morning after I got an update notification last night and now I can only decrypt my pool with my password (recovery key no longer works) and I get a GUI error when decrypting the volume. After I refresh the GUI I can see my data, so the pool has been decrypted, but the more pressing issue is that I can't see any of my jails, the jail page simply says "no entry has been found". I can see my jail folders under the storage tab but they don't show up in the GUI under the jails section. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

More details
Updated from: 9.10-STABLE-201604140622
Updated to: 9.10-STABLE-201604181743

After update and reboot I can only unlock my encrypted volume with the passphrase, but not the recovery key. Also, when I decrypt it, the GUI complains with the following popup error:

upload_2016-4-19_10-53-38.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-19_10-53-20.png
    upload_2016-4-19_10-53-20.png
    97.4 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:

soulburn

Contributor
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll be sure to check the bug reports next time I run into an issue like this. Sorry for my ignorance, can you explain how I apply the patch besides just manually editing the file?

soulburn

Contributor
I tried to use diff but I guess I don't know what I'm doing.
Code:
[root@freenas] # patch notifier.py patch.py
Hmm...  Looks like a unified diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|--- a/gui/middleware/notifier.py
|+++ b/gui/middleware/notifier.py
--------------------------
Patching file notifier.py using Plan A...
Hunk #1 failed at 4753.
1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to notifier.py.rej
done
[root@freenas]

In any case, I was able to manually edit the file and it worked fine. Thanks again for the quick help.

Status
Not open for further replies.