FreeNAS-8.3.0-RELEASE-x64 (r12701M) crashing finder in OS X 10.7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddwarfuk

Cadet
This seems to happen quite a lot. I have a HP Proliant Microserver with Freenas 8.3 installed with 2 x 2TB drives. Volume created for films and within that a ZFS dataset called Films. AFP share then created.

When I open finder and click on Freenas icon the finder will crash and become unresponsive.

Log taken from the console:

23/01/2013 20:09:00.405 Finder: -[__NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil key

This just repeats over and over until I force quit finder.

J

jpaetzel

Does /var/log/messages catch anything on the FreeNAS side?

reddwarfuk

Cadet
Does /var/log/messages catch anything on the FreeNAS side?

Unix isn't my strong point :)

I have enabled the shell at the bottom of the FreeNas page which shows the following when finder crashes.

freenas afpd[3295]: AFP3.3 Login by me

Opening the shell, I am at the home directory I guess;-

root@freenas ~

typing ls doesnt show me the var directory. How to I get to it? Can I do this through the web browser shell or do I have to go to console on the machine? I would have already tried this but I have no keyboard and mouse for my unit at the moment so the browser option is the only way for now :(

It definitely seems to be related to FreeNas as I can use finder with my Bufalo NAS Drive without it crashing.

JaimieV

Guru
Sorry, no. Only to say that it works quite fine with my 10.7.5 box, both as fileserver and TM destination. Works fine with the 10.8.2 and 10.6.8 boxes too. HP Microserver N36L, 8.3.0-release, 8Tb disks, 5gig RAM, using AFP.

Stephens

Patron
"cd /var/log"
"more messages"
-- you can then page up and down and I think it's Q to quit. Look for anything fishy, especially towards the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.