FreeNAS 11 and Azure

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpearcefl

Contributor
I'm interested in adding some Azure Blob storage as a dataset in FreeNAS-11-Nightlies. I assume I start by making some cloud credentials, but the Account Key has me confused. I see nothing like this terminology in Azure. What am I looking for?

Is there a walk through on how to do what I want?

Thanks.

dpearcefl

Contributor
OK, not obvious to me but I'm new to Azure. This lets me do a "Cloud Sync", not mount it as a dataset.

Select your resource group you made the blob in, then along the left you should see "Access Keys".

upload_2018-3-13_15-44-49.png

Bumping and adding since this didn't get anywhere. I'm having trouble getting anything to transfer. The docs site was good enough to get everything configured and it was pretty easy once you get there. For reference I did the Cloud Credentials piece (https://doc.freenas.org/11/system.html#cloud-credentials) then the task. The task is easy enough by saying you create a task to PUSH there. The problem is it just goes from Connecting right to Success. I have volume-level storage with iSCSI extents. How do I get my extent copied out to blob? I'm guessing blob since there's no file structure as an extent.

kjsdad

Cadet
I just want to add a cloud sync task using my azure blob storage account name and access key and all that happens when adding the sync task is a please wait and then an error see below:

[EFAULT] 2018/12/16 16:07:03 ERROR : : error listing: -> github.com/ncw/rclone/vendor/github.com/Azure/azure-pipeline-go/pipeline.newDefaultHTTPClientFactory.func1.1, /wrkdirs/usr/ports/net/rclone/work/rclone-1.44/src/github.com/ncw/rclone/vendor/github.com/Azure/azure-pipeline-go/pipeline/core.go:234 HTTP request failed Get https://rgihamaindiag123.blob.core.windows.net?comp=list&maxresults=5000&timeout=61: dial tcp: lookup rgihamaindiag123.blob.core.windows.net on [::1]:53: read udp [::1]:16994->[::1]:53: read: connection refused

I can't find a single example online of this working or any detailed instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I"m on 11.2

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.