Freenas 11.3 PlexMediaServer plugin Can not access http://ipaddress:32400/web/index.html

Dedmon5811

Cadet
Hello folks,

New here, have had a Freenas server going for a couple years with just a SMB share for my movies and tv shows so I could stream via Kodi. I can access these files just fine but had to rebuild my boot os this past weekend after a power outage fried my Boot os.

Figured I would get my feet wet with Plex media servers and have read a number of instructions here and videos on youtube.

I get to the point where I have a Jail created and running, and the plugin is running. But I can not access the web interface, or my server at the ip I assigned via the router.

My freenas server is at a 10.10.10.10 and the plex media server shows http://10.10.10.11:32400/web/index.html as the manageable address. This will never open though and I can not even ping the 10.10.10.11.

Any ideas on where I can go or what I can try?
I have tried several different browsers, thanks in advance!

G8One2

Patron
I had a similar issue when i rebuilt Plex the other day. It worked for me to use an ethernet cable plugged into my latop. Since my wifi is on a different subnet, i needed to be on the same LAN and subnet that plex was on to access the web page to configure. Once Plex was configured, i had access to the managment page through my other wifi subnet. I cant say for sure thats your issue or not, but its what worked for me.

Dedmon5811

Cadet
So a little more info, I can not ping the Plexmediaserver at 10.10.10.11 from the freenas shell or any pc hard connected to the same router. I am able to set up a plexmediaserver on my main pc and access the web login without any issues.

Dedmon5811

Cadet
It looks like the server isn't actually running or listen on port 32400. I am at a loss, it says it is running on the nas.

G8One2

Patron
Did you use DHCP and VNET?

Dedmon5811

Cadet
I actually tried both, when I try launching vnet I get a vnet failed message. When I run dhcp and assign the IP in my router the jail and plugin appear to run, but I can't get to them. If I just run DHCP i can't get to it either. So confused!

G8One2

Patron
I would try deleting the jail and reinstall Plex through the plug in and don't change any settings. Let it pick its own ip address. You shouldn't need to forward any ports on your router, unless your going to access the management page outside of your LAN

Dedmon5811

Cadet
I tried that, i actually tried to install from the jail, and also from the plugin, leaving everything default including the Dhcp settings. Could it be my Ip scheme of 10.10.10.xx

G8One2

Patron
I wouldnt think so, unless for some reason, its on a different subnet