FreeNAS 11.3 nextcloud creation

Robert Riedel

Dabbler
Hi,

I have been using nextcloud for a while now and it is great. I tinker with it and sometimes have to reload it. This last time I upgraded to 11.3 I was using a plugin jail from 11.2 and it was updated to 17.0.2 this caused an error when updating the base jail. So that jail crashed. Since previous nextcloud install allow you to setup nextcloud with a storage folder not in the jail, I had all my data. Then I went to create a new jail and there is no option to specify where the data is located. I am not sure if I delete what is in the current data folder okay so I can link it or will it break it again. Please help me figure this out. All I have running on this is storage and this jail.

macx979

Dabbler
I'm struggeling with the same issue. With the plugin in nextcloud 11.2 one was able to specify the data directory on first boot after installation. With the new version this doesn't seem to be possible anymore. After installation the data directory is located at it's default folder /usr/local/www/nextcloud/data.

Apparently there is no offical way to change this folder afterwards.

macx

ddaenen1

Patron
Hi,

I have been using nextcloud for a while now and it is great. I tinker with it and sometimes have to reload it. This last time I upgraded to 11.3 I was using a plugin jail from 11.2 and it was updated to 17.0.2 this caused an error when updating the base jail. So that jail crashed. Since previous nextcloud install allow you to setup nextcloud with a storage folder not in the jail, I had all my data. Then I went to create a new jail and there is no option to specify where the data is located. I am not sure if I delete what is in the current data folder okay so I can link it or will it break it again. Please help me figure this out. All I have running on this is storage and this jail.

I don't think your data is lost and still sitting where it was prior to the upgrade.

I updated my jail yesterday with the iocage upgrade command in the shell. This upgraded the jail from 11.2 to 11.3 but it did brake my nexcloud installation since the version of Nextcloud was 17.0.3 and the plugin in 11.3 was 17.0.1 so when i wanted to access nextcloud, i got an error stating that degrading the version could lead to serious issues and i could no longer access the cloud.

However, i did manage to fix this!

Here is what i did:

1. i went into the config.php file and changed the version from 17.0.3 to 17.0.1. This allowed me to access Nextcloud again but all users and data was gone.
2. I went into my user->settings->overview in NC where i got the option to upgrade to 17.0.3. Did this but ran into an issue with writing permissions so i had to chown the nextcloud directory in the jail to www:www instead of root:wheel and the installation started.
3. At the end of the installation i got an error related to mySQL 4-byte support which is something i had added previously as per this link I fixed this by going once again in the config.php and changed the value from mysql.utf8mb4 to false.
4 went to nextcloud again where i got the same request to update to 17.0.3 (directly when you try to access NC), pushed the button and all went through.

My Nextcloud is now up and running again on the latest version of jail and plugin and all users and data back the way it was.