FreeNAS 11.1 Update, Warden Template Gone Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks,

With the switch over to IOCAGE coming, I am looking to see if this behavior is by design or not...

I have a JAILS dataset, which before the 11.1 update (11.0-U4) showed two items. My Plex server jail, and a ".warden..." template. After the update, I cannot see the ".warden..." template jail anymore, although the dataset still reports the space used as though it's there. Is it just not showing because it's hidden? And if so, how to unhide and remove it?

Any input would be appreciated... TIA

UPDATE..

If I browse volumes on the left hand side tree view, I can see it, but not through the main window... But from that tree view, there is no option to delete should I want to.

:oops:

D

dlavigne

Were you able to resolve this? If not, why do you want to delete it?

No solution... I'm just thinking ahead to when I need to make the switch to IOCAGE. That will be a whole other question about how to migrate my Plex server. I was just wondering how I'd reclaim the space the template is consuming?

millst

Contributor
It may be an oversight or something that will all be handled automatically with 11.2. If not, something like this from the command line (be very careful):

zfs destroy tank/jails/.warden-template-standard-10.3-x64

I would keep everything from warden until your new iocage jail(s) are up and have been running for quite a while. If you desperately need a few GB of space, then your pool is undersized.

-tm

I don't need the space, just like to keep things tidy...

I haven't set up the new IOCAGE stuff yet. I'm just not sure if this is a bug or something that was a deliberate decision. We'll need a way to remove old templates that doesn't require a "be very careful" waring. LOL

I'll be careful, but inevitably, something will go wrong if that is how it has to be done.

millst

Contributor
True, the whole jail transition is half-baked currently. Waiting for 11.2 before transitioning or worrying about these kinds of things.

Maybe write a ticket if you think it will get overlooked.

-tm

Jailer

Not strong, but bad

danb35

Hall of Famer
Status
Not open for further replies.