FreeNAS 10.4 won't boot after power failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

rs225

Guru
You will want to do the same for the other stick, but obviously it should be going to a separate worklist file, and a separate image file. If you can't, or once it is done, you will want to try to import the pool from the images.

backisen

Dabbler
You will want to do the same for the other stick, but obviously it should be going to a separate worklist file, and a separate image file. If you can't, or once it is done, you will want to try to import the pool from the images.
Can you please explain "import the pool from the images" a bit further? Isn't my mission here to extract the encryption key from the image(s)?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Can you please explain "import the pool from the images" a bit further? Isn't my mission here to extract the encryption key from the image(s)?
I have a feeling recovery is way over your head. But you will attach the disk which of formatted as zfs. That means there is a pool on it that needs to be imported. Then you can navigate the filesystem and get what you need.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

backisen

Dabbler
Where is the encryption file supposed to be located? I read in another thread it should be in /data/geli but I got no geli directory. Is it supposed to be in that directory in Corral?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Pretty sure if you had your system dataset stored on your pool then your key is also stored on your pool. That is why you do not see the geli directory.

backisen

Dabbler
Pretty sure if you had your system dataset stored on your pool then your key is also stored on your pool. That is why you do not see the geli directory.
Does this mean it is safe as long as I remember my passphrase?

Are you sure the key isn't stored in freenas.db in the data folder?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Does this mean it is safe as long as I remember my passphrase?

Are you sure the key isn't stored in freenas.db in the data folder?
You can grab your freenas.db and try to upload it but i'm pretty sure the key is not stored in the config database.

Status
Not open for further replies.