freeDNS encrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You can know by checking out the FreeNAS source code yourself on github. ;)

mskenderian

Contributor
ya, only if i knew where to look in the source code. i had the same question for pfsense

FreeNASBob

Patron
ya, only if i knew where to look in the source code. i had the same question for pfsense
Yeah. It's not so easy if you aren't familiar with FreeNAS internals. I see how a db entry is constructed with all the DDNS info, but protocol is not stored along with that data. I can't find a URL constructor to see what protocol is used to update DDNS.

FreeNASBob

Patron
it looks like it gets handed over to inadyn, which handles it, i sent an email to the author. but the email bounced (inarcis2002@hotpop.com).
It just looks to me like that generates the /usr/local/etc/inadyn-mt.conf file. I can't see where any of the db information or data from that file are used to construct a URL. I'm sure there's some generic constructor for FreeNAS, but my familiarity with the codebase is zero. Today is the first time I've looked into it at all.

mskenderian

Contributor
thats because inadyn handles it. from the info i can see on inadyn it sends the request via http. which someone can see the url which contains the password.

FreeNASBob

Patron
Where is the source for inadyn-mt in the FreeNAS repository?

EDIT - It's in the ports directory. Looking now.

Last edited:

FreeNASBob

Patron
not sure. but it does use inadyn. so does pfsense.
I concur with you. On a cursory look it doesn't appear that inadyn-mt supports SSL.

Status
Not open for further replies.