freedns.afraid ddns help

Status
Not open for further replies.

madf

Cadet
Hello,

Can some one be kind and point me to a thread or help me out configuring the ddns for freedns.afraid for freenas 9.2?

I have tried different setup using the web gui or at the shell, or by creating cron jobs from the shell or the gui and nothing seems to work...

What kind of info you need?

Thank you for your support.

Madf

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If it's not directly compatible with the options already in the GUI for Dynamic DNS, then its not compatible with FreeNAS.

madf

Cadet
Thank you cyberjock for your reply.

Is there is any free ddns service (That you do not have to update every 30 days or so) that you can suggest.

Best regards,

Madf

fracai

Guru
My GUI has Afraid as an option, are you having trouble getting it to work from the service configuration?

An alternative could be to configure DNS-O-Matic and have them update Afraid, and any others.

madf

Cadet
Hello fracai,
thank you for your reply.
My Gui also has freends.afraid and although I tried different configurations I could not get it to work.
Finnaly I found a solution at duckdns and I wrote a script using wget then I mad a cron jon using the shell.
I hope that will do.
Thank you again and thanks for the DNS-O-Matic suggestion I will have a look at it in case my current solution fails.

Regards,

Madf

kennyko

Cadet
I have had the same problem using the web interface to enable the Dynamic DNS service with freedns.afraid.org. The problem seems to be Freenas is connecting to dyndns.org instead, see the forum discussion below:
http://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/dynamic-dns-errors.14842/#post-91101

But for me creating a cron job from the web interface works ok. Make sure you have the right command, ie. wget -O - http://freedns.afraid.org/dynamic/update.php?<your private key>

You get your private key by login into freedns.afraid.org, go to "Dynamic DNS", right mouse button click on "Direct URL" and Select copy link.

Hope that helps.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If you don't mind just put in a ticket at bugs.freenas.org and we'll have a look at it.

budmannxx

Contributor
Ok, I'll see if I can file a bug report tonight/this weekend. I found a workaround for Afraid via a cron job, but obviously the DDNS service should be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.