Font Size Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobCochran

Contributor
Greetings,

In my earlier post regarding an attempt to transfer a very large folder to a FreeNAS box, 3 different users complained about the font size I use.

I have reviewed the posting guidelines for http://forums.freenas.org and they do not dictate a maximum font size or standard font color. The software gives me some creative flexibility in that area, and one can post icons as well. I happen to have a preference for at least 14 point font in blue text since it shows up on the default white background rather well. I thought I would try black text in response to a remark about the font color, but I really like blue better.

I don't think I deserve criticism for this choice at the expense of a technical question that I asked which is devoted entirely to the use of FreeNAS 8 software. I have enough curiosity about the FreeNAS product to invest my time and money into it. I pay to use this product, in terms of my hardware purchases and a huge amount of my time. Just as others do. Since my posts are not in violation of forum guidelines and trim to the FreeNAS 8 product, I should get on-topic replies.

Thanks for understanding.

Bob

ProtoSD

MVP
Bob,

I don't think anyone cares about the color as much as the size, and of course there aren't any rules against it. I know I personally avoid looking at your posts because of the font size, though I understand why you do it. Like I mentioned in your other post, I use the CTRL+ / CTRL- to "zoom-in/out" if stuff looks too small, but when everyone else's posts look ok after doing that, yours are just rediculously huge. I just thought I'd mention the CTRL+/CTRL- in case you weren't aware of that feature. I works on all browsers and all websites so you'll get a consistent size increase without annoying people ;-)

EDIT: Just for clarity the CTRL+ / CTRL- is done by holding the Control Key and pressing either Plus or Minus on the number pad. It's a temporary zoom-in/zoom-out until you close your browser.

b1ghen

Contributor
I was in no way criticizing your right to choose whatever font you want, there are no set rules about this that I know of, if there were then there wouldn't even be an option to change fonts :)
I just pointed out that I personally wasn't able to read your posts, so if I was ever capable to be of any assistance to you I probably would have skipped your post to begin with.

Cheers

Martin

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
If you have a disease/problem related to your vision/eyes I'd probably just put it in the signature, otherwise it might piss off some people...
Thats my impression..

Status
Not open for further replies.