folders; files deletion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freesnofla

Patron
Hi all, I wonder if you could help me concerning the deletion of folders / files inside FreeNas.
I do have some folders from a former owncloud installation which I like to get deleted so that I can assign new areas for the new owncloud 6.1.

Maybe some of you can give me some hints how to do, or is there any documentation where I can read the steps.

best regards
freenassnofla

Freesnofla

Patron
Well I did the following steps so far:

find / -name owncloud

and got the following result

Code:
/mnt/RAID1/jails/owncloud_1/media/pia
/mnt/RAID1/jails/owncloud_1/media/pia/gallery/pia

I need to delete /pia and /pia/gallery/pia I tried to get that done by rm - r pia but that doesn#t work for me.

Anybody any input for me to get that one deleted?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Ok.. so define "doesn't work". Cause rm -r is exactly what I'd use, and without an error message or something that's not too useful.

Also, you should be deleteing the account in Owncloud, which will let you delete the user data for that user at that time. So I'm really confused as to why you think you need to do an rm -r when Owncloud should be doing it for you. ;)

Freesnofla

Patron
Well the problem is that I have an old owncloud installation and I like to delete those folders before I do the installation of 6.1.

I tried rm /mnt/RAID1/jails/owncloud_1/media/pia/gallery/pia but when I confirm the entry I get the message

Code:
rm: /mnt/RAID1/jails/owncloud_1/media/pia: is a directory

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Ok.. so if you have an old owncloud installation the go into that installation and delete the user.. that's how you are SUPPOSED to delete that stuff. I'm confused as to why you still feel the need to do an rm -r.

And to be honest, you didn't claim to do an rm -r above.. and that can be a difference between success and failure. One thing that is a waste is providing the command output and not the command itself. Can't validate you didn't make a mistake if you don't include the command.

But again, you shouldn't be needing to do an rm -r. You should be deleteing the user info from the owncloud installation before you upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.