Resource icon

FN11.3 iocage jails - Plex, Tautulli, Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr, Jackett, Transmission, Organizr

SeaFox

Explorer
I believe Radarr and Sonarr will eventually completely abandon Mono.

Yeah, I think this Mono version I have now will last me the rest of the projects' life under Mono, since they only want 5.20 now or something like that iirc. Sonarr has dotNet on the list for v4.

AirborneTrooper

Contributor
Yeah Radarr was still working fine but those security alerts drive me crazy so I had to. Hopefully now we can get Ombi to work.

SeaFox

Explorer
Yeah Radarr was still working fine but those security alerts drive me crazy so I had to. Hopefully now we can get Ombi to work.
There's someone petitioning to take over the maintainership of the Mono port right now. If they get approved we will likely see new, very up-to-date official pkgs soon.

zierbeek

Explorer
Hi all, I'm pretty new to the whole TrueNAS scene..
How do i do this step?
Create an rc file for radarr using your favorite editor at /mnt/iocage/jails/radarr/root/usr/local/etc/rc.d/radarr

SeaFox

Explorer
How do i do this step?
Create an rc file for radarr using your favorite editor at /mnt/iocage/jails/radarr/root/usr/local/etc/rc.d/radarr
You need to make a new text file at that location and then paste into it the contents of the spoiler in the guide for that file. You can use the built-in vi editor, or if you have another text editor you prefer you will want to install it to use it. If you're not familiar with vi I suggest you use another editor. I like nano myself.

Redcoat

MVP
Another vote for ee!

zierbeek

Explorer
I get the message that when using the chmod that there is no file in the directory but when I type ls, I get the file

SeaFox

Explorer
I get the message that when using the chmod that there is no file in the directory but when I type ls, I get the file

You might try doing some of these commands from within the jail itself.
Just enter the jail with the jls exec command and then try chmod u+x /usr/local/etc/rc.d/radarr

zierbeek

Explorer
I've followed the guide from first to last without any big hiccups apart from changing links to newer releases and changing the config file when needed.

nonetheless, I get the error in sonarr and radarr: path not writeable...

hertzsae

Contributor
I've followed the guide from first to last without any big hiccups apart from changing links to newer releases and changing the config file when needed.

nonetheless, I get the error in sonarr and radarr: path not writeable...
Whatever user you have configured to run sonarr and radarr probably does not have write permissions to whatever location you're keeping your config. Based on you saying "changing the config file when needed.", I'm guessing you either are using a different config location or you copied over your config after running the chown command.

If you're using the default user and your config is in /config, then re-run (and change radarr to sonarr):
Code:
iocage exec radarr chown -R radarr:radarr /config

If you're using a different user/group or a different config location, then change the previous command appropriately.

zierbeek

Explorer
Whatever user you have configured to run sonarr and radarr probably does not have write permissions to whatever location you're keeping your config. Based on you saying "changing the config file when needed.", I'm guessing you either are using a different config location or you copied over your config after running the chown command.

If you're using the default user and your config is in /config, then re-run (and change radarr to sonarr):
Code:
iocage exec radarr chown -R radarr:radarr /config

If you're using a different user/group or a different config location, then change the previous command appropriately.

Thanks for the info. I decided to pull the trigger on installing ubuntu vm and using docker. Mate, that's awesome stuff ;) Took me 2h to setup everything and now I've downloaded around 400gigs ;)

AirborneTrooper

Contributor
If anyone has an issue using the .netcore version of Radarr from https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/experimental-radarr-v3-1-dotnet5-binary.91489/ and it not starting. Here's what I did to fix it. This may need to have somethings changed to fit your setup.

Follow all the requirements listed on that thread. I had to change my rc.d to use radarr.pid and use the data directory /config

rc.d
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# $FreeBSD$
#
# PROVIDE: radarr
# REQUIRE: LOGIN
# KEYWORD: shutdown
#
# Add the following lines to /etc/rc.conf.local or /etc/rc.conf
# to enable this service:
#
# radarr_enable:    Set to YES to enable radarr
#            Default: NO
# radarr_user:    The user account used to run the radarr daemon.
#            This is optional, however do not specifically set this to an
#            empty string as this will cause the daemon to run as root.
#            Default: radarr
# radarr_group:    The group account used to run the radarr daemon.
#            empty string as this will cause the daemon to run with group wheel.
# radarr_data_dir:    Directory where radarr configuration
#            data is stored.
#            Default: /var/db/radarr

. /etc/rc.subr
name=radarr
rcvar=${name}_enable
load_rc_config $name

: ${radarr_enable:="NO"}
: ${radarr_user:="radarr"}
: ${radarr_group:="radarr"}
: ${radarr_data_dir:="/config"}

pidfile="${radarr_data_dir}/${name}radarr.pid"
pidfile_child="${radarr_data_dir}/${name}_child.pid"
command="/usr/sbin/daemon"

start_precmd=${name}_precmd
radarr_precmd() {
    if [ ! -d ${radarr_data_dir} ]; then
    install -d -o ${radarr_user} -g ${radarr_group} ${radarr_data_dir}
    fi

export XDG_CONFIG_HOME=${radarr_data_dir}
    rc_flags="-r -f -p ${pidfile_child} -P ${pidfile} /usr/local/share/Radarr/Radarr --data=${radarr_data_dir} --nobrowser >> /dev/null 2>&1 ${rc_flags}"

}

run_rc_command "$1"

Inside the radarr jail, run:
Code:
sysrc radarr_enable=YES radarr_data_dir=/config radarr_user=radarr radarr_group=radarr

Then run
Code:
service radarr start

It should start without an any errors and be back in business. Hope this helps anyone.

Last edited:

rknaub

Explorer
If anyone has an issue using the .netcore version of Radarr from https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/experimental-radarr-v3-1-dotnet5-binary.91489/ and it not starting. Here's what I did to fix it. This may need to have somethings changed to fit your setup.

Follow all the requirements listed on that thread. I had to change my rc.d to use radarr.pid and use the data directory /config

It should start without an any errors and be back in business. Hope this helps anyone.

Hey AirborneTrooper, can you help me out a bit please?

When I follow the directions at https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/experimental-radarr-v3-1-dotnet5-binary.91489/ the first step is to run:

Code:
pkg remove radarr

I am not sure if I should do this in the radarr jail, or just powershell into TrueNAS and do it there. Either way I get a message about nothing found.

I downloaded Radarrv3-3.1.0.4625_updateable.txz, moved it to radarr root folder with WinSCP, and then inside the radarr jail I did:

Code:
pkg install Radarrv3-3.1.0.4625_updateable.txz

This seemed to work and installed without issue. I then copied your rc.d file into mine, then I did:

Code:
sysrc radarr_enable=YES radarr_data_dir=/config radarr_user=radarr radarr_group=radarr

Followed by:

Code:
service radarr start

Radarr started without any issues, but it is still nagging me in the System tab to upgrade to the .NET version. Can you tell me what I am missing please? Radarr states that I am on version 3.1.0.4893, which I think was a develop branch. Before performing this process I went in and changed it to master - if this makes any difference.

AirborneTrooper

Contributor
Backup Radarr, System > Backup > Backup Now and save somewhere, destroy the iocage jail and start from scratch.
Code:
iocage destroy radarr -R -f

Here is an updated guide... I save all my steps in case my server ever shits the bed. Obviously, change the IP, default router, and directories to match YOUR setup. You're going to want to use a dedicated SSH app. Putty for Windows and I use Termius on my MacBook Pro.

Radarr v3 w/ NetCore
Code:
echo '{"pkgs":["libunwind","icu","libinotify","openssl","mediainfo","sqlite3","ca_root_nss","libiconv","nano","curl","wget"]}' > /tmp/pkg.json

iocage create -n "radarr" -p /tmp/pkg.json -r 12.2-RELEASE ip4_addr="vnet0|172.16.1.252/24" defaultrouter="172.16.1.1" vnet="on" allow_mlock="1" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on"

rm /tmp/pkg.json

mkdir /mnt/v1/iocage/jails/radarr/root/config
iocage exec radarr mkdir -p /mnt/media/videos/movies
iocage exec radarr mkdir -p /mnt/media/downloads

iocage fstab -a radarr /mnt/v1/apps/radarr /config nullfs rw 0 0

iocage fstab -a radarr /mnt/v1/media/videos/movies /mnt/media/videos/movies nullfs rw 0 0

iocage fstab -a radarr /mnt/v1/media/downloads /mnt/media/downloads nullfs rw 0 0

iocage exec radarr "fetch https://github.com/Radarr/Radarr/releases/download/v3.1.0.4893/Radarr.develop.3.1.0.4893.freebsd-core-x64.tar.gz -o /usr/local/share"

iocage exec radarr "tar -xzvf /usr/local/share/Radarr.develop.3.1.0.4893.freebsd-core-x64.tar.gz  -C /usr/local/share"

iocage exec radarr rm /usr/local/share/Radarr.develop.3.1.0.4893.freebsd-core-x64.tar.gz

iocage exec radarr "pw user add radarr -c radarr -u 352 -d /nonexistent -s /usr/bin/nologin"

iocage exec radarr chown -R radarr:radarr /usr/local/share/Radarr /config

iocage exec radarr mkdir /usr/local/etc/rc.d

nano /mnt/v1/iocage/jails/radarr/root/usr/local/etc/rc.d/radarr

*** COPY AND PASTE BELOW ***

#!/bin/sh

# $FreeBSD$
#
# PROVIDE: radarr
# REQUIRE: LOGIN
# KEYWORD: shutdown
#
# Add the following lines to /etc/rc.conf.local or /etc/rc.conf
# to enable this service:
#
# radarr_enable:    Set to YES to enable radarr
#            Default: NO
# radarr_user:    The user account used to run the radarr daemon.
#            empty string as this will cause the daemon to run as root.
# radarr_group:    The group account used to run the radarr daemon.
#            empty string as this will cause the daemon to run with group wheel.
# radarr_data_dir:    Directory where radarr configuration
#            data is stored.
#            Default: /var/db/radarr

. /etc/rc.subr
name=radarr
rcvar=${name}_enable
load_rc_config $name

: ${radarr_enable:="NO"}
: ${radarr_user:="radarr"}
: ${radarr_group:="radarr"}
: ${radarr_data_dir:="/config"}

pidfile="${radarr_data_dir}/${name}radarr.pid"
pidfile_child="${radarr_data_dir}/${name}_child.pid"
command="/usr/sbin/daemon"

start_precmd=${name}_precmd
radarr_precmd() {
    if [ ! -d ${radarr_data_dir} ]; then
    install -d -o ${radarr_user} -g ${radarr_group} ${radarr_data_dir}
    fi

export XDG_CONFIG_HOME=${radarr_data_dir}
    rc_flags="-r -f -p ${pidfile_child} -P ${pidfile} /usr/local/share/Radarr/Radarr --data=${radarr_data_dir} --nobrowser >> /dev/null 2>&1 ${rc_flags}"

}

run_rc_command "$1"

*** END PASTE ***

iocage exec radarr chmod u+x /usr/local/etc/rc.d/radarr
iocage exec radarr sysrc radarr_enable=YES radarr_data_dir=/config radarr_user=radarr radarr_group=radarr
iocage exec radarr service radarr start

Last edited:

rknaub

Explorer
Backup Radarr, System > Backup > Backup Now and save somewhere, destroy the iocage jail and start from scratch.
Code:
iocage destroy radarr -R -f

Here is an updated guide... I save all my steps in case my server ever ****s the bed. Obviously, change the IP, default router, and directories to match YOUR setup. You're going to want to use a dedicated SSH app. Putty for Windows and I use Termius on my MacBook Pro.

Thanks for taking the time to help. Followed your guide but can't get the GUI to load. The jail pings fine and didn't see any issues during install. All my mount points look fine. Not sure, I'll keep trying.

*EDIT* - I just got it working, copied it all down again while more carefully entering my specifics and I think I am good to go now! Just restored from my backup and all seems well for now. Thanks again for the help!!! I too save all my steps into a text file for the same reason.

One weird thing I never noticed before, under System > Status it is saying I only have 120GB free space, should be more like 40TB.

Last edited:

AirborneTrooper

Contributor
Glad you have it working. You may want to check your directories then. Perhaps it's pointing at your jail storage instead of your media storage?

rknaub

Explorer
Glad you have it working. You may want to check your directories then. Perhaps it's pointing at your jail storage instead of your media storage?

You are right again. It's reading free storage on my Jails pool which is on my SSDs. My directories are definitely mapped correctly and everything is working fine. I have the config folder mapped to the apps directory on my Jails pool, and media mapped to my large pool of spinning rust. Guess I will just ignore it for now. Thank you for taking the time to help me!

AirborneTrooper

Contributor
No worries, I found this original thread extremely helpful when I started and I like to at least give back by providing updates when the OP cannot.