Resource icon

FN11.3 iocage jails - Plex, Tautulli, Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr, Jackett, Transmission, Organizr

tgn55

Dabbler
I downloaded Pentaflake's script years ago... would like to grab it again, but I've looked for ages and cannot find it on this forum. Can somebody please help? Wasted days on this... getting weary.

Also, if I recall correctly, there was a write-up explaining the basic layout, which I need to review, as my system is now pretty well messed up and I can't figure what needs to go where.

Thanks in advance...

hertzsae

Contributor
It's not on the forum. As the first post has been edited to say, it's on the resources page. There's a link to resources at the top of the page.

tgn55

Dabbler
I know that... have you tried following the link? I have, numerous times, and nothing is revealed. It just leads me back to the forum! Tried in 2 different browsers (Firefox & Chrome...)

Thanks for the reply... I actually tracked down the script on Github... but, to be honest, my real issue is confusion over the prerequisites to run the script. I wanted to see if my old version of the script was mangled... as I only get as far as creating the jail fstab entries... and it dies, as the is no /config directory. I have an "apps" directory, which contains config files for radarr, sonarr etc... Hence the other part of my query...

Something is not right...and I can't see what is supposed to be in the /config folder, for instance... unless it is what I currently have in "apps". It has all become rather confusing... with apparently no documentation to help out. I am puzzled how other users have succeeded - as I am well and truly stuck at this point!

Any help appreciated.

tgn55

Dabbler
PS... sorry, I should have given more context... I had previously run this, Plexpass got screwed up, so I am now trying to recreate a new jail, but keep my previous data.

Wolfeman0101

Patron
PS... sorry, I should have given more context... I had previously run this, Plexpass got screwed up, so I am now trying to recreate a new jail, but keep my previous data.
These are the instructions in the overview on this post. As for migrating data I'm not as sure but this will at least get you started and a fresh jail.

Plexpass:
Code:
echo '{"pkgs":["plexmediaserver-plexpass","ca_root_nss"]}' > /tmp/pkg.json
iocage create -n "plex" -p /tmp/pkg.json -r 11.2-RELEASE ip4_addr="vnet0|<IP>/<MASK>" defaultrouter="<GATEWAY>" vnet="on" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on"
rm /tmp/pkg.json
iocage exec plex mkdir -p /config
iocage exec plex mkdir -p /mnt/video
iocage fstab -a plex /mnt/tank1/apps/plex /config nullfs rw 0 0
iocage fstab -a plex /mnt/tank1/video /mnt/video nullfs ro 0 0
iocage exec plex chown -R plex:plex /config
iocage exec plex sysrc "plexmediaserver_plexpass_enable=YES"
iocage exec plex sysrc plexmediaserver_plexpass_support_path="/config"
iocage exec plex service plexmediaserver_plexpass start

tgn55

Dabbler
Wolfeman0101 ... thanks, I can create the new jail, my issue bites on these lines:
Code:
iocage fstab -a ${JAIL_NAME} ${CONFIGS_PATH} /mnt/configs nullfs rw 0 0
iocage fstab -a ${JAIL_NAME} ${POOL_PATH}/${APPS_DATA} /config nullfs rw 0 0
iocage fstab -a ${JAIL_NAME} ${POOL_PATH}/${MEDIA_LOCATION} /mnt/media nullfs rw 0 0

Error is /mnt/configs does not exist... which is true ;-)...
From my prior setup I have an apps folder... which contains subfolders for lidarr, sonarr, radarr, and plex, each of which has my previous config files, logs etc.

Is this folder supposed to be /mnt/configs? This is where it gets confusing... as that folder (I think) maps to ${POOL_PATH}/${APPS_DATA}.

As I recall, the original post (from years back...) had a description of how things should be arranged, but I can't see that in this thread.

Now... hertzsae... thanks, but that link takes me to the same page I've been on (for the last week or so ;-( I don't see anything called "top resources"... just a Resources link between Download and Report a Bug... and that only contains this.

IX Forum.png

What am I missing?

Thanks to both of you...

Wolfeman0101

Patron
Those last 3 fstab commands are just setting up mount points. You might find it easier to do that in the GUI. The reason to use the config is so in your case if you have to blow away a jail you can just point the new install to that config folder which is not technically in the jail.

1600404562889.png

tgn55

Dabbler
Ah, OK... yeah, been in there... it lists the individual scripts for each app. I was looking for the original that did it all in one hit... but, really this is secondary. (As I did find it on Github anyway...)

Yeah I know the commands are setting up mountpoints, and yes, I can do that in the GUI... but I was aiming at having the "one command sets up everything" kind of deal again... and, bottom line... either way, I still need to know what is expected in /config... that is the crux of the matter !

As I recall, the big win of this arrangement was to simplify recreating all one's media apps, in the event you need to start over (which is me, right now).
Maybe I can mess with things manually, get the mountpoints sorted yada yada... but I would dearly love to have the convenience of one script just does it. I don't mess with this stuff often enough to be efficient in doing it manually... hence the appeal of a single script that does it all without me having to remember much ;-)

This time around, before I wander off to another project, I WILL make notes about what was required!
Thanks again, and Cheers,

T.

rknaub

Explorer
How do I upgrade sabnzbd to the latest 3.0.1? I have it installed as an iocage jail. Currently on 2.3.9 on FreeNAS 11.3. Pkg update and pkg upgrade don’t work.

Mannekino

Patron
How do I upgrade sabnzbd to the latest 3.0.1? I have it installed as an iocage jail. Currently on 2.3.9 on FreeNAS 11.3. Pkg update and pkg upgrade don’t work.

I've installed SABnzbd as a package in a FreeNAS jail and I'm currently on version 3.0.1

Code:
root@sabnzbd2:~ # pkg info sabnzbdplus
sabnzbdplus-3.0.1
Name           : sabnzbdplus
Version        : 3.0.1
Installed on   : Sun Aug 30 13:10:04 2020 CEST
Origin         : news/sabnzbdplus
Architecture   : FreeBSD:11:*
Prefix         : /usr/local
Categories     : news
Licenses       : BSD2CLAUSE, MIT, PSFL, BSD3CLAUSE, ISCL, GPLv2+
Maintainer     : james@french.id.au
WWW            : https://sabnzbd.org/
Comment        : Web-interface based binary newsgrabber in python, with nzb support
Options        :
        7ZIP           : on
        DBUS           : off
        DOCS           : on
        FEEDPARSER     : on
        NOTIFY2        : off
        PYGOBJECT      : off
        SSL            : on
Annotations    :
        repo_type      : binary
        repository     : FreeBSD
Flat size      : 7.13MiB
Description    :
SABnzbd is a cross-platform binary newsreader. It makes downloading
from Usenet easy by automating the whole thing. You give it an NZB
file or an RSS feed, it does the rest. Has a web-browser based UI
and an API for 3rd-party apps. Ideal for servers too.

WWW: https://sabnzbd.org/

I see a message that 3.0.2 is currently available but it's not updated in PKG repository yet.

You should be able to upgrade to at least 3.0.1 if you've also used PKG to install SABnzbd.

Which version of PKG and FreeBSD do you have in the jail?
  • freebsd-version
  • pkg info pkg

Mannekino

Patron
freebsd-version returns 11.3-release-p11
Pkg info pkg returns 1.14.6

Thank you!

Hmm, that's a pretty recent release for FreeBSD in the jail, I'm at 11.3-RELEASE-p12

But my PKG version is at 1.15.4

What are the contents of /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf?

Do you have any files in /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos?

rknaub

Explorer
Hmm, that's a pretty recent release for FreeBSD in the jail, I'm at 11.3-RELEASE-p12

But my PKG version is at 1.15.4

What are the contents of /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf?

Do you have any files in /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos?

I think I am doing this right...

FreeBSD.conf:
^c command ^d delete char ^j undelete char ESC-Enter: exit =====line 1 col 0 lines from top 1 ============================================ # $FreeBSD: releng/11.3/etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf 347034 2019-05-02 23:59:44Z gjb $ # # To disable this repository, instead of modifying or removing this file, # create a /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf file: # # mkdir -p /usr/local/etc/pkg/r

I do not have a pkg directory in /usr/local/etc

Mannekino

Patron
Could you try to create a file named FreeBSD.conf in the folder /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/ and fill it with the following contents and then run pkg update and pkg upgrade again? Make sure to create a snapshort first of your Jail in case this doesn't work out right. Do at your own risk.

Code:
FreeBSD: {
  url: "pkg+http://pkg.freebsd.org/${ABI}/latest",
  mirror_type: "srv",
  signature_type: "fingerprints",
  fingerprints: "/usr/share/keys/pkg",
  enabled: yes
}

rknaub

Explorer
Could you try to create a file named FreeBSD.conf in the folder /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/ and fill it with the following contents and then run pkg update and pkg upgrade again? Make sure to create a snapshort first of your Jail in case this doesn't work out right. Do at your own risk.

Code:
}

That did it! Im now on 3.0.1 and python is on 3.7.9. Thank you very much!!

AirborneTrooper

Contributor
Those of you running Radarr, it upgraded to v3 within the last week. To fix some of the health alerts, if you're running reverse proxy, you need to change your Radarr config to:
Code:
location /radarr { proxy_pass http://172.16.1.252:7878; ####obviously change your IP and port to your setup###
proxy_redirect off;
proxy_set_header Host $host; 
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for; 
proxy_http_version 1.1; 
proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade; 
proxy_set_header Connection $http_connection; 
} 

And you need to upgrade Mono following the same way I did when I had to upgrade Sonarr v3 https://www.reddit.com/r/sonarr/comments/g9cr1r/how_to_install_sonarr_v3_on_freenas/

AirborneTrooper

Contributor

Code:
}

My Sabnzbd has been out of date for quite some time. Thanks for this, I was able to upgrade mine once I manually added in the FreeBSD.conf file and set it to latest.

Just a heads-up, Jackett seems to be incompatible with 12.1-RELEASE. I tried upgrading and Jackett refused to start, remade the jail from scratch using 12.1 as a base still didn't work then went back to 11.4. I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe mono related? IDK.

AirborneTrooper

Contributor
Any reason you’re not using 12.3 release by now? We are getting close to TrueNAS update. 12.1 is outdated.