FN 11.2 Plugins: No data to display

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledieu

Dabbler
Hi guys,
I just installed FN11.2 to see how it is. When I clicked on Plugins->Available it says "No data to display". I went to the manual and it said I should check whether I can ping something in the Internet, which works fine. Is there anything else I should try? Forum search for "No data to display" yielded nothing so far.

D

dlavigne

Anything in /var/log/messages when it fails?

Also, what are the hardware specs of the system?

ledieu

Dabbler
I have a HPE Microserver Gen 8 with a Xeon E3 1260L 16GB ECC and 4 8TB Seagate Ironwolf drives

how do i get to the log? I dont really have much experience with the shell but if you can tell me the command or even better an article where i can read up on it I'd be happy :)

D

dlavigne

more /var/log/messages. Use your spacebar to scroll through the output.

ledieu

Dabbler
i just entered the commmand in the shell on the gui but I dont think thats what you're looking for. Its just the boot messages saying its found ada0-3, the cpu etc
it stops with network. also the timestap is always the same (i guess its either the beginning or the end of the boot process)

I guess its a rookie question (well i'm a rookie) but is there a way to copy the content of the gui shell? I dont see a copy button and ctrl+c is used as an input

diskdiddler

Wizard
Dumb question but have you rebooted? I've seen the list not always populate at times and wondered if the site is down but if I'm patient it seems to work or reboot.

ledieu

Dabbler
havent rebooted so far because a backup is still running. I just wanted to see if this maybe is a common problem with a known solution.

ill try a reboot after the backup is done and then I'll report back

diskdiddler

Wizard
You don't happen to have a pi-hole by any chance do you either?
(If so, I was subscribed to an aggressive block list which had me blocking github, I was not impressed when I found out the source of my inconsistent problems)

Status
Not open for further replies.