New FreeNAS install but no plugins found

pintu1228

Explorer
Hi everyone,

I just installed FreeNAS 11 and tried to go to plugins to install plex but it says no entry has been found under plugins.

I have also tried to put in my ipv4 address for my router and dns servers under the networking tab.

I am able to ping websites and my router though the shell.

System specs:

Motherboard: Supermicro X8DTE
CPU: Dual Intel X5650
RAM: 32GB ECC
LSI Raid card 9211-8i
Drives: 8x3TB WD Red in RaidZ2
Case: Supermicro SC933RT

How do I fix this, as I can't install any plugins??

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

pintu1228

Explorer
Also is the link for freenas11-release from the download link on the home page 32 bit or 64 bit? Would that make a difference?

danb35

Hall of Famer
it has this listed as the link but I cannot ping it
That's normal; download.freenas.org doesn't respond to pings.
the website shows 404 error.
That isn't normal. Edit: I'd say it's a bug. Either the URL is set incorrectly by default, or there's something wrong with the server. File a bug on bugs.freenas.org to get the devs' attention.
Also is the link for freenas11-release from the download link on the home page 32 bit or 64 bit?
FreeNAS has been 64-bit-only since the release of 9.3.

Last edited:

wblock

Documentation Engineer
FreeNAS is 64-bit only.

pintu1228

Explorer
Thanks, so anything you can suggest I can do to fix the issue with plugins not appearing as I can't install anything.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Thanks, so anything you can suggest I can do to fix the issue with plugins not appearing as I can't install anything.
File a bug report as I suggested--if you're getting a 404, that's an issue on their end.

Artion

Patron
Have you tried redownloading the install iso, remake the install stick and reinstall the whole thing again? maybe it was a corrupted installation, or maybe your usb stick is defective.

chrisada

Explorer

pintu1228

Explorer
Artion, I did try to install FreeNAS again but will try to install it on a new USB stick to see if it makes a difference.

Can anyone using FreeNAS-11.0-RELEASE verify that the below link for their jails url works:

http://download.freenas.org/latest/RELEASE/x64/jails

or do you have something else instead?

Last edited by a moderator:

Artion

Patron
upload_2017-6-27_8-40-41.png

pintu1228

Explorer
UPDATE:

So I download FreeNAS 11-RELEASE again and this time installed it on a SSD. I imported my zfs volume and loaded my config file. I am unable to add jail (custom jail), after I choose all the options like IP and name and so on, it just sits there. I also tried to install plugins such as Plex via plugin page and it gives the 'no entry can be found' . I also tried to uploading pbi (plex), but again it gets stuck at 33% during creating jail.

Previously when I ran FreeNAS on version 9.3, I was able to install jails and plugins fine but this version is giving me lots of problems even after installing it on 3 different USB's and SSD.

Can anyone help fix this? Perhaps remote into help determine cause of the problem.

Thanks

Artion

Patron
Could you please tell how the FN box is connected to the internet?

Inviato dal mio YD201 utilizzando Tapatalk

pintu1228

Explorer
FN box is connected to a 24 port netgear switch --> EdgeMax Lite router --> ISP modem.

Last edited: