Installing data/plugins to Plex Freenas | latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

oOSGearOo

Dabbler
Hi I have managed to get Plex installed on a computer(freenas 11.2-rc1)
My question is how to install an unlisted plugin( Category5 TV Network Plex/and other plugins[plex]/skins)
Its where to put the data so that it can be read and inserted so that it can be picked up and installed, by Plex.
I am farmiliar with the bash prompt and can look/poke around the freenas box, from the shell provided.

The plugins/data/skins would be download from the internet in Win10 on a separate box
entirely. I have managed to get a network drive letter so that I can insert media for Plex to play.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Plex skins would be for the client, not the server, so would not be something to put on the FreeNAS system.

Installing custom add-ons for Plex can be done in the pluginjail, usually under "/usr/local/share/plexmediaserver(-plexpass)/Resources/Plug-ins-XXXXXXX (insert your appropriate number here in place of the XXXXXXX)

oOSGearOo

Dabbler
Plex skins would be for the client, not the server, so would not be something to put on the FreeNAS system.

Installing custom add-ons for Plex can be done in the pluginjail, usually under "/usr/local/share/plexmediaserver(-plexpass)/Resources/Plug-ins-XXXXXXX (insert your appropriate number here in place of the XXXXXXX)
Hi
Thank-you I have been able to locate the Plug-ins Directory.
Is there an easy way to map a windows share to the location? I am in the middle of trying to find it to map one, but I am very green to freenas.
when I try the same way I did to map a drive letter to insert media(for playing movies..), I get the error that the directory/folder has to be empty.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
when I try the same way I did to map a drive letter to insert media(for playing movies..), I get the error that the directory/folder has to be empty.
You didn't say which method you used originally (and mapping what to where).

If you just want to put some files somewhere on the FreeNAS server, I would recommend using SCP (Secure copy over SSH), using Filezilla or another client that supports it (WinSCP is one, I think, but don't quote me on that).

If you want to be able to copy/drop files there regularly from a windows machine, a mapped drive is OK for that, so set up an SMB share for that location and map the share to a drive letter (like it seems you already said you did).

oOSGearOo

Dabbler
You didn't say which method you used originally (and mapping what to where).

If you want to be able to copy/drop files there regularly from a windows machine, a mapped drive is OK for that, so set up an SMB share for that location and map the share to a drive letter (like it seems you already said you did).
I managed to map a drive letter(windows) so that plex could see the movies on it and play them. As to exactly where that is in FreeNas I dont know.

I would like to do the same with the plugin directory so that I could insert plugins for Plex in the same way. I think it should be relativity simple.
I am having difficulties redoing the installation of Freenass at the moment due to usb drive issues, It seams to only write part of the installer...... Ho hum I am using Rufus for that part.

oOSGearOo

Dabbler
I have added my plugin(category5tv.bundle)to the list of plugnins in the folder mentioned above, there are 19 plugins in that directory. I can't seem to get that plugin to list though inside plexpass. What steps am I missing? Do I have to reboot freenaas?

Is this some weird geolocation problem I am in the UK.

I have setup plex, shared a share root to the plugins directory, so I can browse it in windows, and installed the plugin and started plex.
--
Steve

sretalla