Exported Volume now the drives are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsi-toaster

Cadet
I have 3 ZFS volumes on my Freenas. I wanted to delete volume2 and create from the now 5 free drives and 2 additonal new drives a new volume. I exportet volume2 but forgot to check "Mark the disks as new (destroy data)". Now I can't find the drives from volume2 to create a new volume and I can't import volume2 either. The alert system says: WARNING: "The volume Volume2 (ZFS) status is"
I'm running FreeNAS-8.0.1-RC1-amd64 (7508)
:(

woger

Dabbler
Same problem here, I manually destroyed the volume using "zpool destroy <volumename>" which worked, but freenas is still not seeing te disks and giving the same error.

woger

Dabbler
OK, Here is what I did to solve this:
cd /data
cp freenas-v1.db freenas-v1.db_bu (backup the db)
echo '.dump' | sqlite3 freenas-v1.db >freenas.dump
vi freenas.dump
In vi I search (esc : / ) for the zpool name
I had a zpool containing 3 hd's named ada0 ada1 and ada2. the zpool was named 'backup'. So I deleted everything containing backup
then saved the file
rm freenas-v1.db
cat freenas.dump | sqlite3 freenas-v1.db

after that I was able to build a new zpool.

nogs_

Dabbler
Excellent woger. The only way I found around it was to do a factory reset which is a bother for me as I run the server headless and then I have to set up everything again.
Now, any thoughts on how to get rid of the system warning?

nogs_

Dabbler
errr... looks like I was a little over eager in removing entries from freenas.dump. While I can now see the drives I can't successfullycreate a volume. It just silently fails. Also can't log in with ssh as it wont accept my password. Tried changing in the gui but no good.

woger

Dabbler
Do you have it on usb or hd ? Try mounting it on a linux machine or a loive cd like ubuntu live cd.

woger

Dabbler
Oh btw. I think the system warning disappeared after I removed the volume with "zpool destroy <volumename>". I think you didn't do that, zo the volume still exists, only freenas doesn't know because you removed it from his database.

Status
Not open for further replies.