Expected Maintenance for FreeNAS Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Hey all!

We are expecting maintenance on the FreeNAS forums Tuesday the 26th of July that may and most likely will cause some availability / service interruptions. Please be aware this maintenance window will begin around 9:00 PM PST and may continue through the night. The good news is that we are moving towards upgrading to a newer version of Xenforo that will bring with it some awesome new features and bug fixes! As always thanks for being members of the community and if you have any questions feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

- Josh

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
upgrading to a newer version of Xenforo that will bring with it some awesome new features and bug fixes!
Got any highlights?

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
I'm hoping to move us to their newest stable release which is 1.5.8. I saw improved code tags (not sure what improved means), 2 factor authentication, a new more complete welcome system for new users just to name a few of the big ones. There's a ton of new stuff.

edit: (my phone's spellcheck failed)

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
I really screwed up that one. It was supposed to say 2 step verification for new users for added security. We can add 2 factor authentication through a plugin, but that would be later. Apologies!

gpsguy

Thanks for the heads up!

In my 4+ years on the forum, I don't think we've ever gotten advance notice regarding planned maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.