FreeNAS Forums Change-log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakuru

Guru

rogerh

Guru

OK. But in practice for an average poster it seems to have such a high correlation with total posts as to add relatively little information. Perhaps someone with a very high post count and relatively few trophy points should ask themselves if they are totally charming all the time, but apart from that it seems pretty useless. And insofar as it adds information it is information already given by the 'like' count.

Edit: I mean 'Thanks" count! Which reminds me, will Trophy points no longer react (to "Thanks") now we don't have "Likes"?

rogerh

Guru
OK. But in practice for an average poster it seems to have such a high correlation with total posts as to add relatively little information. Perhaps someone with a very high post count and relatively few trophy points should ask themselves if they are totally charming all the time, but apart from that it seems pretty useless. And insofar as it adds information it is information already given by the 'like' count.

Edit: I mean 'Thanks" count! Which reminds me, will Trophy points no longer react (to "Thanks") now we don't have "Likes"?

Just to reply to myself, certainly something needs doing to the definition of Trophy points now we don't have likes. Unless it has already been done and not documented.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
FWIW, I wouldn't mind more trophies. Life has been a bit more boring since the 500th like.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Life has been a bit more boring since the 500th like.
You mean thanks....or helpful......... or insightful......or something like that......

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Please figure out how to display in a post who liked/thanked that specific post, not just the tally of thanks.

Thanks!

upload_2016-8-23_10-40-47.png

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Please figure out how to display in a post who liked/thanked that specific post, not just the tally of thanks.

Thanks!

View attachment 13221
Or just return to the "like" system that worked perfectly well for this forum before it was changed.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Or just return to the "like" system that worked perfectly well for this forum before it was changed.
Well, ya! But it seemed like after reading this thread, that that wasn't a likely possibility. :smile:

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Doesn't hurt to try, especially when it seems to be the majority opinion.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
It's better than nothing, but honestly it's a PITA. I thought the way the "likes" were handled was much easier.

Bidule0hm

Server Electronics Sorcerer
Thanks ;)

But now we have "Thanks" instead of "Likes" in the profile fields :P

Spearfoot

He of the long foot

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Removing the plugin and modifying Likes to Thanks actually involved a fair amount of effort by Josh. I like thanks, it makes more sense to me. For example, I can thank people for reporting a bug without implying that I "like" a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.