error 19 on install freenas 9.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pogo

Cadet
Hi guys! I really want to get this setup, but having issues booting freenas. Here's what I've done so far.

SPECS
- supermicro X9SCM-IIF
- intel xeon e3-1230 v2 3.3ghz
- 16gb ram
- patriot 16gb memory stick

In bios, I checked every screen, I have no x-hci listed anywhere in the bios. How can I disable this?? I do however have e-hci which I disabled. AHCI is enabled also

USB INSTALL METHOD

I've tried installing directly to usb using the documentation command: xzcat /mnt/iso/FreeNAS-x64.img.xz | dd of=/dev/sdc bs=64k and did get bytes written in/out.I also tried installing using unetbootin.

Whenever I boot with this on 2 different computers on all usb ports I get error 19 no matter what.

CDROM INSTALL METHOD

Installed using this method to my flash drive and again get error 19 on 2 different computers.

Do I need to use a different memory stick? I searched the forum and found other people using Patriot. What else can I try? Perhaps I'm missing something in regards to x-hci that I don't see in the bios?

SOrry for another error 19 thread, I just not sure what else I can check here. Thanks

pogo

Cadet
Ok I also tried this to disable xhci:

1. Quickly hit Esc on the Welcome to FreeNAS boot prompt ([Esc]ape to loader prompt)
  2. unload xhci
  3. disable-module xhci
  4. boot
and it did unload/disable it. However I'm still getting error 19. see attached pic.

I guess I'll go buy another stick to try, maybe its something with the usb flash

Attachments

• error19.jpg
    error19.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 247

Dusan

Guru
xHCI is about USB3, X9SCM has no USB3 controller, so all the xHCI tricks do not apply in your case. Please do not disable EHCI -- you are disabling USB2.
As you are unable to boot from the stick on 2 different computers I'd say that the USB drive is defective.

Status
Not open for further replies.