Erratic Behavior After Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myth

Cadet
I've a FreeNAS Server as part of a AD Domain. I have both Unix and Windows clients. For the most part I use CIFS shares. Permissions on the volume are set as Unix, since at the time, editing ACL from Windows wasn't working.

I just updated from 9.2 to 9.2.1.3 and weird things started happening.
First of all, a share would never load all folder. It would just load a few and bar would keep loading but never finish. Absolutely no error in the log.

Now, I found that a folder that worked perfectly before, if I go inside and create a folder it's perfect. But if I create another folder inside the new folder, I WON'T have permission to even (re)name the folder. Checking the share settings, it has all three inheritance options enabled.

Anyone has any clue about this last issue? The error in the log simply says that the user has no permission (to access or do anything with second the folder just created).

Would it be a good idea to switch to Windows ACL? It seems that editing the permissions works now, however doesn't seem to be respected at all, since the user group has full control over, yet can't do anything with that folder.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.