Email notifications configuration: Wouldn't that be nice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClackPony

Dabbler
Freenas is pretty much the backbone of our little test lab. We love it here. And the email notifications keeps us informed of the issues we could face... like... too informed. There are some notifications we receive by email we don't really care about, like mac address changes and daily report, or scrub routine starting. What I would like to know is when it fails, and only when it does, or when a SMART test started or not. But the option seems to be absent of Freenas. Just throwing ideas here: Wouldn't it be great if we has a list of types of notifications we would want to receive or not? Also, What could be nice is choose to wich users go wich types of notifications. In a professionnal environment, I think this option would be very usefull, don't you think?

Please excuse any grammar error, as english is not my mother langage. Help me improve!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Your English is fine, no need to worry about not being understood.

Changes are unlikely for 9.3. I'm not sure what the plan for FreeNAS 10 is regarding notifications - I believe some of this functionality is planned.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
This is already in the works for FreeNAS 10. The whole reporting system is being revamped...

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Status
Not open for further replies.