Dynamic DNS Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiP

Dabbler
The following errors are consistently reported:

Sep 8 20:37:28 freenas INADYN[29964]: Sun Sep 8 20:37:28 2013: E:INADYN: Failed getting AF_INET ip from checkip.dyndns.org/ in check_my_ip_address...
Sep 8 20:37:28 freenas INADYN[29964]: Sun Sep 8 20:37:28 2013: E:INADYN: Failed getting AF_INET ip from checkip.dyndns.org/ in check_my_ip_address...
Sep 8 20:37:28 freenas INADYN[29964]: Sun Sep 8 20:37:28 2013: W:IP: Error 0x20 in send()
Sep 8 20:37:28 freenas INADYN[29964]: Sun Sep 8 20:37:28 2013: W:DYNDNS: Failed checking current ip...
Sep 8 20:37:28 freenas INADYN[29964]: Sun Sep 8 20:37:28 2013: W:DYNDNS: Error 'RC_IP_SEND_ERROR' (0x14) when talking to IP server
Sep 8 20:37:28 freenas INADYN[29964]: Sun Sep 8 20:37:28 2013: W:'RC_IP_SEND_ERROR' (0x14) updating the IPs. (it 583)
Sep 8 20:43:01 freenas INADYN[29964]: Sun Sep 8 20:43:01 2013: E:INADYN: Failed getting AF_INET ip from checkip.dyndns.org/ in check_my_ip_address...

Seems to be working as I can resolve IP address for box, but would like
to eliminate these error messages if possible.

Regards

JC

PiP

Dabbler
My only comment is that I've not changed anything with respect to dynamic DNS settings. Prior to upgrade (8.3.1 > 9.1) these error messages did not occur, after upgrade they did (and still do). My novice abilities to ferret out more details as to what might be causing this to no avail (other than checking the dynamic DNS settings via gui - they all *seem* ok).

Xelas

Explorer

Jeff Belcher

Cadet
I am also having the same issue, I did a fresh install of 9.1.0 two weeks ago and the only time it would update is after boot/reboot one time and that was it. So last week I upgraded to 9.1.1 and the same issue. I checked my inadynmt conf against one generated @ dyndns and it looks the same. I have a premium account so I can update mine every 600 seconds. I have turned DynamicDNS off for the time being. I tried to add comments to the bug report mentioned above but after I setup an account it gives me an user name/password error.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Does your router support dynamic DNS? That would probably be a better alternative if it does.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

PiP

Dabbler
Again, issue did not exist before upgrade.

Provider I'm using: freedns.afraid.org

PiP

Dabbler
Provider I'm *meant* to be using is freedns.afraid.org, as reported via web gui - could this be the isusse, my account as reported be web gui not what is being 'pinged'?

PiP

Dabbler
My point being that the GUI reports that I am 'logged' into freedns.afraid.org. The error message (first post) looks like it is 'pinging' checkip.dyndns.org. That does not make sense to me? If my account is with freedns.afraid.org then I would expect the ping to go to checkip.afraid.org or similar?

Gavin

Dabbler
I'm having the same errors as well. I am also using freedns.afraid.org and it's "pinging" checkip.dyndns.org. I'm using FreeNAS-9.2.0-RELEASE-x64 (ab098f4). I haven't enabled DDNS when I was on 9.1.1, so I can't say if this issue was there to begin with. I didn't know what update interval to set at the beginning, so I used the 60 second "default" until I got the errors. I have now changed it to 3600 second to try and fix the issue.

Edit: Got 1 of these errors overnight. I guess that's an improvement?

jeremi

Dabbler
Again, issue did not exist before upgrade.

Provider I'm using: freedns.afraid.org

i use the same and i dont use the ddns service in frenas
on ther web site theay show u how to make a cron
to execute a comand and is apended in the logs

wget -O - http://freedns.afraid.org/dynamic/update.php?*********************************************
ps:*** censured info fo security reson

also if u ave a plex servise instald and conecte wit the website in your acont info u will see the public ip of the freenas box (it is auto opdates )

Gavin

Dabbler
My public IP hasn't changed yet. So do the errors actually prevent the FreeNAS from updating the DDNS using the service? I'm still getting like 5 or 6 of these every day.

I guess I'll have to make my own script to update the DDNS. Funny how I also had to make my own Rsync script.

hoboville

Dabbler
I recently migrated my FreeNAS 9.2 array from one box to another, with different baseline hardware. I moved the drives and loaded the system settings from the "Save Config" / "Upload Config". Before I did this, I had no errors with no-ip.com, but now I get this error. All the settings are correct and DNS is resolving just fine.

D

dlavigne

If you are getting the same error in the bug referenced above, please add a comment to that bug report that it appears in 9.2 and indicate which version you upgraded from. If it is not related, create a separate bug report and post the issue number here. If it's not reported in the bug tracker, there's zero chance of it getting fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.