Domain DNS/Realm name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Ferrell

Dabbler
OK , I have my machine built, downloaded and installed freenas 9.3 and watched every you tube video and read for 6 months and i still dont understand on the setup wizard at the beginning what the "Domain Name DNS/Relam Name" is. I have 4 windows computors with names and I thought that it was asking me to make a name for this computor. Is that right? I put Freenas in it and I used Root for the next field which was asking for a Domain Act Name" Then for " password" I used the same as the one i use to login . Is this the right way to fill these three fields? I already set up a user and jail and installed a plug in, but I am having problems accessing it from windows.

Paul Ferrell

Dabbler
I guess I have to set up an AD on the windows machines in order to run Freenas After spending the whole day reading I figured that much out at least. lol

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Click skip when you get to that setup screen in the wizard. That is the easy way because you don't need that feature

Paul Ferrell

Dabbler
Well if thats the case then it must be the permissions on my windows machines that wont let me make a folder inside my windows share folder on the windows machines.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
your dataset needs to be owned by the user that is trying to make the folder. Who is the owner of the dataset that is being shared out by cifs?

Status
Not open for further replies.