Disk is not clear, partitions or ZFS labels were found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

msbxa

Contributor
I decide to replace my healthy 6 *2TB HDD to 4TB HDD on Raidz2 to grow. I've used my 2 empty port to connect my new 4TB HDD and decided to replace them one at a time not both. When I click replace (Replacing disk da5) on the drive da5p2 (old 2TB HDD), after rebooting with the new drive installed I get the drop down menu with 3 options da2p2, da6p2 and da7 p2 and I select Member disk:da7 (4.0TB) and select replace disk and it tells me Force "Disk is not clear, partitions or ZFS labels were found". any ideas.

what should I do: force replace disk?

OK well I forced it and all seems well so far. But it seems its going to take a very long time and it could be a week from now when its going to finish.

One more thing all my drives are online and yes I got a Red light warning but as expected.

update:

Successfully replaced all drives after more than 48 hours with 6 *4TB as follows: First drive took 28 hours, 2nd, 5th and 6th took 6 hours each, 3rd and 4th about 18 hours each. I couldn't find why some take longer than the others but I felt that something else was running at a time of resilvering.

Last edited:

Stux

MVP
Shouldn't take a week. I'd expect less than 24 hours.

msbxa

Contributor
you're right it will not take a week. my first replaced took 28 hours and after that with 2 drives took 6 hours each.

Status
Not open for further replies.