Disk details not available

okynnor

Explorer
Hi there,

OS Version:
FreeNAS-11.2-U5
(Build Date: Jun 24, 2019 18:41)
Processor:
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU D-1521 @ 2.40GHz (8 cores)
Memory:
32 GiB

After moving my hard drives to upgraded hardware box (i.e. a completely new box), the FreeNAS dashboard no longer displays data on the hard drives temperatures. This is what I see now "Disk details not available". But from time-to-time, said temperatures do come up. I can't observe any "triggers" that would make the temp show up though.

Secondly, the CPU temperature is showing that it is -108.xx degrees C. This would be very cold, isn't it? So does is there a "temperature" reset that needs to be triggered on new hardware swap?

I think all my reports are off. Based on this Post, I am wondering if I am having a "hot spare" problem too. The reason is that the box has two hard drives which haven't been added to the Zpool just yet. The two drives are matching 2TB HDDs.

Last edited:

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
After moving my hard drives to upgraded hardware box (i.e. a completely new box),
Exactly what hardware are you using, not the drives, the bits that the drives are connected to? If it was working and now it is not, the thing that changed is the likely problem.

okynnor

Explorer
The hardware I'm using is a with 4 hot swappable HDD bays.

IMG_5914 (2).jpg

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Does this look to be the same board:
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Server-Motherboard/MB10-DS4-rev-13#ov

Most people build their own system for FreeNAS. Did this come with FreeNAS already installed? What made you think this hardware was compatible with FreeNAS?
My guess is that the chipset in this board is so new that it is not yet supported. You should probably put in a feature request and give the developers as much data as possible about the hardware so they can work to make FreeNAS compatible in a future release.

It is usually best to build with something that is not cutting edge because of the likely situation that new equipment is not yet supported with hardware drivers.

okynnor

Explorer
Beside the fact that the CPU is the same, it is not the exact motherboard. I think that the M/B is a specially, custom made for Datto, Inc.
The box is from 2015. Is that still too bleeding edge?

I note that the reports work perfectly under the old interface though.

To submit a feature request to the developer, please let me know how.