FreeNAS Web GUI Issues\Missing Info

Blue.R

Cadet
Hi All,

I have setup freeNAS in a VM, system specs are as follows:
  • Motherboard make and mode - Dell R710 with CPU pass through to the FreeNAS VM.
  • CPU make and model - See below.
  • RAM quantity - 8GB
  • Hard drives, quantity, model numbers, and RAID configuration, including boot drives - Five 2TB setup in RAID
  • Hard disk controllers - H200 flashed to IT mode
  • Network cards - Intel 1GB NIC
The issue I have is as follows:
1. The web UI doesn't show the data transfer details on the Primary NIC
2. The disk drives are not showing the drive temperature, I have run the smartctl command in the shell and the temperatures are shown.
3. Memory Usage, CPU usage, CPU temperature and Load Average is not showing any data.

What could be the cause for the data not showing?

1562582016815.png

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Dashboard info is hardware dependent. For the upcoming 11.3 we have improved the middleware for gathering the hardware info which should fix the issue for most users.

Blue.R

Cadet
Thansk for the reply. Is it worth raising a bug report for this issue or wait till the new version is released?

D

dlavigne

If you can afford a little bit of downtime for a test you can test if 11.3 fixes the issue for your hardware this way: install a nightly image to a new USB stick, boot from it, and check your dashboard. Once your test is complete, remove the USB stick and boot back into your current installation. If you get a chance to test, please leave a comment here on whether or not the dashboard worked as expected.