SOLVED Disable PreInit script via command line

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastercpt

Dabbler
Having some issues booting after a fresh install and setup. Everything was working great till I added a PreInit command. Now I can't get it to complete the bootup or access the web GUI. I can however access the server via SSH.

So is there a way to disable to command from command line?

What I was trying to do was mount a NFS share (from another freenas box) to this system before the jails start.

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
The brute-force approach is to replace the contents of the script with something innocuous.

mastercpt

Dabbler
The brute-force approach is to replace the contents of the script with something innocuous.
I incorrectly called it a script. I did type command. Does that make a script? Where would it be located? I assume the command is in a file/script somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
That's trickier. At that point, you need to figure out where that is stored and fix it directly.

mastercpt

Dabbler
That's trickier. At that point, you need to figure out where that is stored and fix it directly.

Thanks. That was my issue, couldn't find where it was stored. Decided to just reinstall everything since it was a new server anyway. I just lost some time no data.

Status
Not open for further replies.