SOLVED Reporting stopped working, no more images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mouftik

Dabbler
Hi all,

My FreeNAS stopped generating Reporting graphs for ... no reason. Every time I try to access the reporting tab, I get only a cross icon, nothing more except from buttons. I also have an error in the debug traces saying "cpu-aggregator-percent file does not exist"

I tried to :
  • Change the System Dataset
  • Disable & Enable via the UI the RRD (which is painfull, since most of the time the save take ages and doesn't do anything ...)
  • Stopping via command line the collectd client, removing files in /var/db/rrd/... and restarting the process by hand
  • Stopping via command line, removing files, rebooting
None of those solutions worked :/ Is there a way to enable like fresh install the collectd stuff ?

D

dlavigne

Which build version (System -> Information)? Anything in /var/log/messages around the time reporting stopped?

Mouftik

Dabbler
The server is running the last FreeNAS version (FreeNAS-11.1-U5)
I didn't see much abouth the process being stopped but I have a lot of those messages in /var/log/messages :
[reporting.rrd:163] Failed to generate graph: b"ERROR: opening '/var/db/collectd/rrd/localhost/aggregation-cpu-sum/percent-idle.rrd': No such file or directory\n"

I checked in /var/db/collectd/rdd and I have most of info (memory, cpu, disk, swap ...) but nothing around percent CPU. Also even if the memory directory seems present, I have no graph displayed in the reporting part only NaN values.

I don't need to keep those values, I have a graphite server to handle the long term stuff, but this reporting view is fast and easy to access for very in-deep info which are not displayed in my grafana dashboard ...

D

dlavigne

Were you ever on a nightly or did you restore a config from a nightly (or a really old) version?

Mouftik

Dabbler
No nightly, it's a fresh install from 2-3 month.
I didn't do anything but reporting came back after some weeks ... Maybee log-rotation does the job and reinit everything. Problem solved even if I didn't understand the solution :)

Status
Not open for further replies.