DHCP to Static IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
It certainly was confusing because being a newbie I assumed that I could simply edit the existing network config, and spent quite a while looking for such an option, before giving up and posing the question in the forum, half expecting that some FreeNAS guru would jump on me saying .... the obvious ... RTFM.

Anyway thanks to some helpful folks here, I have static IP configured - but it should be a little bit more intuitive...
Well, in all fairness:

http://doc.freenas.org/9.3/freenas_network.html#interfaces

Note

typically the interface used to access the FreeNAS® administrative GUI is configured by DHCP. This interface will not appear in this screen, even though it is already dynamically configured and in use.

rogerh

Guru
OK, they tell you the existing interface won't appear, and they tell you how to edit an existing interface or add an interface. But they simply don't tell you that in order to edit the invisible one you have to add a 'new' one. I probably wouldn't do this, for fear of getting two contradictory configurations. (Just by way of example, you can do exactly that if you edit an individual jail IP in a contradictory way to the general jail config.)

Status
Not open for further replies.