SOLVED 11.2 - GUI not starting on reboot

VictorR

Contributor
Updated a few days ago. Everything was working fine, I rebooted, and now console does not list an IP address for the GUI.

From shell, I can see that interface is configured via dhcp(for testing) to 192.168.1.3, and active. I can ping that address from a client.
E4A52938-80EE-423F-8FE0-AF97BAACFD07.jpeg

But, console does not list an address for the GUI

42CD5D36-DB0B-48CA-9600-7D8E0F7AA44E.jpeg

Is there a shell command to launch the GUI?
And, how do I make sure it is always started on reboot?

[UPDATE]
Ok, after quite a bit of web searching, I found that restarting nginx via shell ("service nginx restart") output an error that directed me to /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf. Which was still using the old static IP address (192.168.1.25) for that interface, instead of the new DHCP address of 192.168.1.3

I have no idea why it is not updating itself to any change in that address. So, I reverted igb1 back to the static IP address and the GUI server works

However, I still need to know why nginx.conf is not updating itself. This can be a problem in the future

Last edited:

sretalla